I have renewed my F-Secure Internet Security license, but my device shows license expired.
You might have purchased a subscription for a different product:If the product installed is the correct product for the subscription purchased:
Check the product installed on your device. If the product installed on your device is [OLD] F-Secure Internet Security with a code, then the subscription that you've purchased is for a different product.
In this case, you need to uninstall [OLD] F-Secure Internet Security from your device, and install the new F-Secure Internet Security, which is account-based. Read our guide how to uninstall F-Secure products. Skip to the next step if this is not the case for you.
If your F-Secure account shows the correct number of devices and restarting your device doesn't fix the issue, follow the steps below:
- Make sure that you have renewed an existing subscription instead of purchasing a separate new subscription. If you suspect that you might have purchased a separate new subscription, contact F-Secure Support for further assistance.
- If you use the login through Facebook, please verify you have installed Internet Security from this account and not from the one with a "normal" login.
- Try restarting your device, the product may just need to be refreshed to connect to our servers.
Log out and Log in to My F-Secure in Internet Security on a Windows PC:
NOTE: If you are unable to log out on F-Secure program on your PC, reinstall F-Secure.
- Open F-Secure Internet Security program on your computer
- Click the blue face icon on the top-right corner
- Click Log out
- Click Continue
- Click Log out
- The software will close. Double-click the F-Secure icon on your desktop to open it
- A login window will appear. Enter your My F-Secure email and password and click Log in
- A message appears, "Hi <name> You are setting up protection for yourself." Click Continue
- Subscription is now updated
On Android and iOS smartphones and tablets:
If the above would fail, you can also uninstall and reinstall F-Secure SAFE on your phone or tablet:
- Open F-Secure Mobile Security (or the previous version: SAFE)
- Press the 3 stripes -menu button on the top left corner
- Press your <own name>
- Select Log out
- Select Accept and continue
- Select Log in
- Enter your My F-Secure credentials and select Log in
- Select Continue when a message appears, "Hi <name> You are setting up protection for yourself."
- Uninstall F-Secure SAFE/ Mobile Security app
- Go to App Store or Google Play Store
- Install F-Secure Mobile Security
- Tap Login
- Login using the correct account
- F-Secure is now activated
Uninstall and reinstall F-Secure on your Mac:
- Open Finder
- Select Programs / Applications
- Open the F-Secure folder
- Select to Uninstall F-Secure Internet Security
- After the uninstallation, restart the Mac
- Release the previous installation license from My F-Secure so that you can reuse the same license again
- Install F-Secure on your Mac
Article no: 000001358