Is this fraud?

Valinnat
paulahs
paulahs Viestejä: 3 New Member

I live in Finland and have F-Secure in my computer and phone but unfortunatelly their technical support is closed during the weekend.

What do you think about this ?

Got a phone call Friday morning from a woman claiming to be Katie Higgings (+358 40 069 2588) and this morning from a man presenting himself as Adam (+358 40 069 3188). 

Both said they are from Microsoft Technical Dpt. I doubt it.

Katie didn’t have a chance to tell why she is calling as I said I´m not interested and closed the phone. After that she sent an email message, which had the title hd. I deleted it without opening it.

Today a man presenting himself as Adam called and said someone is trying to occupy my computer. I did not let him talk more and said that I´m going to report this to police and terminated the call. He did not send any message.

Should I do something? I live in Finland and have F-Secure in my computer and phone but unfortunatelly their technical support is closed during the weekend. Paula

I live in Finland and have F-Secure in my computer and phone but unfortunatelly their technical support is closed during the weekend.

What would you advice me to do? Paula

Vastausvaihtoehdot

• paulahs
    Valinnat

COULD SOMEONE ANSWEAR TO THIS?

• Ukko
    Ukko Viestejä: 3,624 Superuser
    editoi maaliskuu 2020
    Valinnat

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I am only an F-Secure user.

Most likely that your experience is about technical rogue scam attempt. At least, if you did not try to reach out Microsoft Support recently or if you tried to initiated something with their Support before.

There is kind of Knowledge base article about subject:

https://community.f-secure.com/common-home-en/kb/articles/6350-technical-support-phone-scams-and-what-to-do-if-you-think-you-have-been-scammed

Could you read it and check whether it is close to your experience or not? But, most likely, your actions were good enough. Practically all such phone calls are malicious rogue try.

Thanks!

• paulahs
    Valinnat

Hello, I appreciate your willingness to help me, thank you for the message. I will check the article you referred to. When the F-Secure Technical Support opened today, I told them about these two calls and their answear was the same as yours: scam attempt (huijausyritys) . My computer functions still as before, so the danger alert is over now. Have a nice day. Paula

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Viestejä: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Valinnat

Hi there,

As a reminder, this part of the Community is in Finnish. You may find the English community here or from the switch [ EN | FI ] in the right-hand corner.

Muistutus aiheeseen liittyvistä huijauspuheluista/a friendly reminder about tech support scams:

https://community.f-secure.com/discussion/122376/technical-support-phone-scams-and-what-to-do-if-you-think-you-have-been-scammed

Tämä keskustelu on suljettu.
Hinnoittelu ja tuotetiedot