Can't open homepage of fs prodution and windows show subscription has expired

Hello,

When fs protection is updated to version 17.1,I can't find the way to open program homepage.
Windows show "F-Secure's subscription on your computer has expired" and all function can't work properly.
But fs protection doesn't display any message about subscriptions or other messages.

Is this a bug?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Do you have any other security software installed, and have you tried rebooting your machine?  If that hasn't helped, I suggest that you log in to your Beta Portal then download and reinstall FS Protection, as that might be the easiest fix.  If that fails or creates further problems, use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to remove the product completely, then reinstall. 

It might also be useful, while you're in the Beta Portal, to send in an FSDIAG from the Support Tool, with a bug report, before and after you reinstall the product, so they can see what might have gone wrong.

• Willson_W
    Willson_W Posts: 3 Observer

I have tried rebooting and use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to remove the product completely,but it still has these proplems.

Could you tell me how to open program's homepage?

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder
    Hey,
    It's entirely possible your subscription actually expired in which case reinstalling is futile. Run support tool and create a case on beta portal to get appropriate amount of support

@Simon

Please update your uninstallation tool location. The old one in FTP only works up until SAFE 16.5. For 17.0 and newer and also for fs protection, you should use the new uninstallation tool available at https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/FsUninstallationTool.exe.

Also our web links should hopefully point to the new one now.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Ville wrote:

@Simon

Please update your uninstallation tool location. The old one in FTP only works up until SAFE 16.5. For 17.0 and newer and also for fs protection, you should use the new uninstallation tool available at https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/FsUninstallationTool.exe.

Also our web links should hopefully point to the new one now.

(F-Secure R&D)

Hello,

Sorry for my reply/ask. Smiley Sad

Do I able to suggest something like:

--> Re-name previous Uninstallation Tool under ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/ to something like "UninstallationToolLegacy.exe" (for save this tool under ftp -> if can be useful for previous software);

--> Upload current Uninstallation Tool to ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/ with filename "UninstallationTool.exe" (as re-name for "FsUninstallationTool.exe" from https-page);

It can be useful for situations like:

-- for fresh readers will be still actual random replies under community; or other places where already placed previous "known URL" to uninstallation tool;

-- if situation required 'previous tool' - it will be still available for download it (and based on official replacements for articles/weblinks -> anyway required to give direct advice about 'where to find previous tool');

-- if anyone will place previous "known" URL - it will be not critical (because also about fresh tool); 

Or it's not possible to do? Or may break something?

// and I mean -> it can be an option -> because https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/readme.txt stated that fresh tool is valid for SAFE 15/16 too; Most recent SAFE solutions as potential reason for use uninstallation tool; And previous tool will be also available;

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.