IPhone 7 with Freedom to Apple Tv

Zuger71
Zuger71 Posts: 2 New Member

I am having problems to watch YLE Areena on my Apple TV. IT works fine on my iPhone with Freedom but when sending to Apple tv there is error message. Is this a unsolvable problem or is there something I can do? 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Zuger71,

What is the error message seen? Could you also share the specifications of the Apple TV?

Does it work when Freedome is switched off?

• Zuger71
    Zuger71 Posts: 2 New Member

Some more details: I stay in Switzerland. Use the  VPN Freedom on my phone. Can see the broadcast on the phone but there is an error message on the Apple TV. Something like "an error occurred with your program, try again later".  My Apple TV is for sure 5 y old don't know specifications. With another VPN tunnel (Strong VPN) on my iPad I can stream to the Apple TV without problems. Issues occure mostly when Finnish broadcast from YLE or Swedish from SVT are mirrored. Seems that Apple TV and Freedom in combination with these broadcasting companies is a bad match? Thanks for any further advice. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Zuger71,

Are you mirroring or casting the content to the Apple TV via the iPhone/iPad? Please try to use mirroring to stream the content to your Apple TV from the iPad/iPhone.

We have a similar article about Chromecast and Freedome.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info