Amazon Prime Video streaming blocks Freedome

umano
umano Posts: 2 New Member

## other VPNs working correctlyMy residence is Germany. Actually I have to stay in Germany as a patient in a hospital. There I am using the public hospital WIFI/WLAN with Freedome on tablet (Android 5) and on smartphone (Android 7). Both devices with Freedome location Falkenstein /Germany.

Unfortunetly it is not possible to use my Amazon Prime Video Account. The app will start with the full funtionallity and I can access to my APV account. After selection of a video one of the following errormessage will be given (in German):
EITHER: the selected vide cannot be played. Choose the same account as on the website. Actually you are logged in as (my name).
OR:
the the selected video cannot be played in your region because of Copyright / licence reasons.

Both my physical location and the selected freedom location (Falkenstein) is Germany.

After deactivation of Freedom Amazon Prime Video is running 100% ok.

Other VPN s are working funtionallity with Prime Video. 

This is very important for me. If it will not possible for F-SECURE to solve the problem, I will be forced to deactivate my F-SECURE Internetsuite and Freedome. Sorry.

The problem should be solved asap.

Comments

• umano
    umano Posts: 2 New Member

And what is the solution?

My solution is to use Avira Phantom VPN instead of Freedome. It works 100%

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@umano wrote:

And what is the solution?

My solution is to use Avira Phantom VPN instead of Freedome. It works 100%

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions);

Your workaround maybe works, but most likely also will break terms on both sides (Avira Phantom VPN service and Amazon Prime Video service);

Second one because (quote from noted topic):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Amazon-Prime-Video-blocked/m-p/87252/highlight/true#M6655

You may not stream or attempt to stream any content under your Prime Instant Video plan from anywhere outside Germany or to use any technology to obscure or disguise your location. You acknowledge that we may use technologies to verify your location.

Not sure if Amazon Prime Video still about such concerns -> but if yes... most likely Avira Phantom VPN with something about "do not break third-party terms-rules" under their own terms (even they have articles about "how to watch Amazon Prime Video with Avira Phantom VPN");

I able to suggest:

--> Contact Amazon Prime Video Support and explain that you do not "obscure or disguise" your location by using F-Secure Freedome VPN; But you do "secure" connection during using your own account under public Wi-Fi;

And that they should not block or prevent your access to service.

--> Also I not sure "why F-Secure Freedome do not able to find any legal workarounds about it" -- if, at least, some of another VPN services provided certain articles about Amazon Prime Video as their "ability" support it (?!);

While other pages and articles just says that Amazon Prime Video prevent/block any VPN services (as technology); So another workaround -> just "hide" that there is VPN;

--> Maybe with ""the selected video cannot be played. Choose the same account as on the website. Actually you are logged in as (my name).""

can be certain workaround (?!) -> I just not sure about this 'reason' (not friendly with Amazon Prime Video service) and potential explanations for trigger this.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info