Time Limitations fail with Duel Screens

Kizz
Kizz Posts: 5 New Member

On a machine with Duel Monitors, 'Device use limits' and 'bedtime' limitaitons lockout only protects one sceeen.

A user can still use the second screen with no limitations.

Environment:

FSecure SAFE 17.0 framework 2.93 build 166

Windows 10 Pro

ADM Radeon R7 200 series 17.6.2

Comments

• Kizz

Update:

Both screen lock when the time limmit is reached, however after the extended period only one screen is locked.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kizz,

By extended time, are you referring to extending the time after the browsing time is finished?

• Kizz

After the initial time limit quota,  the main screen is covered with the ‘extend time’ request, whilst the second screen is blanked out.

However when the extend time elapses, only the main screen locks making it possible to close or stop the FSecure application.

Additionally, if at the time of the initial time limit lock you are running something with a high Z-index i.e. Netflix on the second screen, it again is possible to right click the FSecure application from the toolbar and close it allowing you to continue without any restrictions.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kizz,

Are you using any 3rd party dual monitor managing apps? If yes, does it help to close it and see if the issue occurs?

If you are not using any apps, then my recommendation would be to contact support for troubleshooting further.

• Kizz

I'm running a standard ADM Radeon R7 200 series 17.6.2 dual monitor card with the latest drivers

The problem occurs when a video application is running, I'll contact support to trouble shoot further 

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Hi,

Just to inform you that we are investigating this. If we are able to reproduce the issue, we will include the fix in our next release (in a few months).

-Cale

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Cale wrote:

Hi,

Just to inform you that we are investigating this. If we are able to reproduce the issue, we will include the fix in our next release (in a few months).

-Cale

Hello,

Sorry for my ask.

Does this is only about "dual screen"-situation? Or about other concerns too?

What about single monitor/screen?

Because -> some meanings I able to repeat with my laptop (but maybe not with another laptops; and maybe this is based on some system configuration);

-- just close taskbar-logo for F-Secure process by rightclick (taskbar is visible under lockpage with some of situations);

But my experience compare to statement ""allowing you to continue without any restrictions."" with difference. Since -> shortcuts (?!) will be not work under system after such step (?! or certain system short commands);

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info