FS light

Hi.Smiley LOL
the question is what kind of protection FS-light provide for users?
Has it Deep guard? because I went to C:\Program Files\F-Secure and saw the Deep guard folder?Smiley Wink

Will it protect the browser from downloading the malicious files?

will it protect from malicious javascript? or other common attacks or exploits?

why there is no option for costume scans?yes,  I can only right click everywhere and chose the scan.

thanks in advance for readingSmiley Wink

Comments

• betoche
    betoche Posts: 49 Observer
    So it has a light version of the Deep guard.
    Such a handy tool, I prefer this because I already have many things to cover my machine this one is light but buggy.
    it's abandoned, I feel like that!
    but it's lighter than fs- protection.
    So it can also protect against some exploits good to knows thanks seems you born in f-secure lol.
    yes, you are Right costumes scan is not needy for fs u light.
    I guess fs u light don't have real time protection( i mean read/write in harddisk) I didn't test it with any sample but I feel like that.
    thnx for the reply.
  • nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

Hey,

Just to make it clear: there is no lightweight or heavyweight Deepguard. The newer Deepguard 6 just has a different feature set than the older Deepguard 5

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Spoiler
    betoche wrote:
    So it has a light version of the Deep guard.
    Such a handy tool, I prefer this because I already have many things to cover my machine this one is light but buggy.
    it's abandoned, I feel like that!
    but it's lighter than fs- protection.
    So it can also protect against some exploits good to knows thanks seems you born in f-secure lol.
    yes, you are Right costumes scan is not needy for fs u light.
    I guess fs u light don't have real time protection( i mean read/write in harddisk) I didn't test it with any sample but I feel like that.
    thnx for the reply.

Hello,

Clarification from nanonyme is valid and proper wording;

F-Secure ULAV with certain good points (and some troubles -> I stop use it after stable troubles with certain steps - which comes with certain tweaks for ULAV); FS Protection is mostly F-Secure ULAV already :) with another UI, more layers and dependencies;

I already long months did not use F-Secure ULAV - so - not sure about "real-time protection" (or maybe you mean certain direct points there) - but F-Secure ULAV should be with real-time protection.... scanning... analyzing; This is not really as "on-demand" scanner;

Also F-Secure ULAV is 64bit (with option to install 32bit after some of updates); And maybe with another design about some things (compare to current FS Protection); At least, network usage with F-Secure ULAV was a troublepoint with my experience (usage under one device create troubles for any other devices under current network); I do not feel it with FS Protection (but I also did not re-check it with F-Secure ULAV); Basically F-Secure ULAV maybe with not many recent changes (except 'updating' for database and common engines/cores/libraries - since it already work for FS Protection and stable F-Secure SAFE/IS too); But it with pretty good level of features/improve-fixes (compare to first builds of F-Secure ULAV) - so... it can be still interesting to use;

nanonyme wrote:

Hey,

Just to make it clear: there is no lightweight or heavyweight Deepguard. The newer Deepguard 6 just has a different feature set than the older Deepguard 5

Your clarification is good and this is indeed like this. Basically.. I did not mean "Light version of DeepGuard" by "Lightweight";

But as description for my own feelings about fresh DeepGuard style (potential DeepGuard 6); And compare to most of recent words about current F-Secure solutions/technologies/designs as 'lightweight' (more friendly to system's resources and more auto-decision-design and so); Also I re-check F-Secure DeepGuard article (from their website) and maybe such my meanings based on next words (which I read previously):

With the introduction of DeepGuard 6.0, behavioral detections are further streamlined via algorithm optimizations and by utilizing modern operating system features. On-the-fly behavioral analysis is performed more accurately and with lower system impact.

• betoche
  • betoche

Thanks for explanations.

This discussion has been closed.