F-Secure and GlassWire

I just uninstalled the f-secure(FS PROTECTION) and when I wanted to install it during the f-secure installation process I got an alert for Glasswire.
FS asked me to remove it! so have to uninstall the glasswire(which I don't like) and then install the F-Secure.
it's not only about glass wire this issue exists for many privacy and security software.
Pls, fix it many thanks.

Comments

• betoche
    betoche Posts: 49 Observer

Hello and thnx for the answer mate!
    "Glasswire" is compatible with F-Secure because it's only a simple firewall and fs don't have the stand alone firewall so it should let me install it btw it doesn't matter I can first install the f-secure and then install my firewall.i just wanted to report this issue.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

betoche wrote:

Hello and thnx for the answer mate!
    "Glasswire" is compatible with F-Secure because it's only a simple firewall and fs don't have the stand alone firewall so it should let me install it btw it doesn't matter I can first install the f-secure and then install my firewall.i just wanted to report this issue.

Hello,

F-Secure created statement about using third-party firewalls:

Online F-Secure Help/Documentation for their solutions

As quote (under spoiler):

Spoiler
    The product is designed to work with Windows Firewall. Other personal firewalls require additional setup to work with the product.

The product uses Windows Firewall for basic firewall functions, such as controlling incoming network traffic and keeping your internal network separate from the public Internet.
    In addition, DeepGuard monitors installed applications and prevents suspicious applications from accessing the Internet without your permission. If you replace Windows Firewall with a personal firewall, make sure that it allows incoming and outgoing network traffic for all F-Secure processes and that you allow all F-Secure processes when the personal firewall prompts you to do so. Tip: If your personal firewall has a manual filtering mode, use it to allow all F-Secure processes.

Ability (?) to install F-Secure (as first solution; and then Glasswire) mostly based on points that:

--> F-Secure run Compatibility check during installation;

--> F-Secure did not run such checks when it installed already (like re-run compatibility check before any other triggers as upgrade/reinstallation);

With my own experience (I used some of third party firewalls with F-Secure or just as solution):

---> some of them was a reason for BSOD (happened - when there installed both F-Secure/third-party Firewall); But later.. this firewall was a reason for BSOD (even there is not installed something else);

---> unexpected situations (for both of solutions); Not only "F-Secure" with troubles, but also F-Secure create some troubles for third-party firewall features. And so;

I not friendly with "Glasswire" - but I search it under (community) and there was such topic:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Freedome-Bluescreen-NDIS-sys-on/m-p/75068/highlight/true#M2797

Where it marked as reason for BSOD (while this is not clear about... does there any connection with F-Secure Freedome as their VPN software or not);

I able to think that there can be normal situation and good if there will be proper attention from F-Secure Team (as re-check... if compatibility-checker should detect it or not);

Just potentially -> even there only "firewall" - it can be with different meanings about unexpected result;

Since it can be not only "compatibility"-trouble with F-Secure, but also with system; Or even "own trouble" under firewall-software and so; If we exclude all other words about F-Secure network usage (and so); 

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.