VPN won't work over wireless

Tommy600
Tommy600 Posts: 18 Explorer

I have been using F-Secure VPN for over a year on my Macbook and iPhone. Suddenly it has stopped working on the iPhone. I have updated to 5ghz wifi, and also updated to iOS 10.3.3. Now when I try to turn Freedome on, I just keep getting "checking" in the app, after a while, it goes back to "off". Sometimes it will say "on", but there is no connection to the internet and under iOS settings it states "VPN Connecting...." If I turn off wireless, and connect via mobile data connection, the VPN connects fine. 

I have also tested the wireless connection, it works fine, I can access the internet, it just won't connect to the VPN server. I have also attempted to remove the VPN profile and reinstall it. For some reason it still won't connect. I can connect to the VPN server via my Macbook on the same internet connection and router. Maybe it is something to do with 10.3.3 iOS update?

Thanks.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Tommy600,

Just to narrow down the issue further, was Freedome able to work before the iOS update (with the previous version) in the updated 5ghz Wi-Fi?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info