F Secure Online Scanner isn't working

Hi,

when I try to start the Online Scanner it will not start.The window appears in black for a short time and then I only see the F Secure logo on the taskbar but nothing happens when i click on it(when i put the mouse on it it will appear "the site can not be displayed").

I started it with full administration rights and checked the Firewall etc,nothing helped.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Do you have experience about this article (?):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Other-Home/Known-issues-and-limitations-for/ta-p/42639

If not - maybe you able briefly re-check if some of them can be valid for your situation?

----------

I just tried to launch Online Scanner with Windows 10 and it normally launched. With my experience there also installed FS Protection (F-Secure SAFE technology preview/beta);

If you will be still with troubleview - maybe can be helpful to know which OS with your experience. And maybe does there installed any security solutions which able to prevent Online Scanner (at least - with my experience - Online Scanner will download required files to perform scanning and save under temporary folder; than unpack it and launch; If there will be blocking for some of steps - maybe it can be with your description-view; If not - maybe there missing something else... but good to re-check firstly about previous meanings);

Sorry for long reply.

Thanks.

• MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

Hi,

thx for your reply.

I tried step 10 and 12(that registry key does not exist on my Laptop) and it didn't helped,still the same.

The other steps with the internet connection and Firewall+AV Software i tried before without success.

I'm using Windows 7 64Bit and Eset Internet Security with Windows Firewall(plus Windows 10 Firewall Control for it).

When my license expire soon I want to buy a 2 year subscription of F Secure Total Security(using Key and Freedome also at the moment).

• Ukko

@MargosDezerian wrote:

Hi,

thx for your reply.

I tried step 10 and 12(that registry key does not exist on my Laptop) and it didn't helped,still the same.

The other steps with the internet connection and Firewall+AV Software i tried before without success.

I'm using Windows 7 64Bit and Eset Internet Security with Windows Firewall(plus Windows 10 Firewall Control for it).

When my license expire soon I want to buy a 2 year subscription of F Secure Total Security(using Key and Freedome also at the moment).

Hello,

So - if we ignore all known troubles (and their workarounds) as they not helpful;

And if your experience also was about disabling Nod32 security solution - so there maybe required something else (if you want - maybe you able to contact directly F-Secure Support - but I not sure if they will not try to uninstall your another current security software or steps from article; for my opinion - most helpful there can be mail-support-ticket - which probably not really available for such situation on current time; just maybe as from chat-support or from community as redirecting to related people); I will try to check with my systems - if I able to repeat such situation.

And additionally - I also will create private letter for you;

Also you noted that want to buy F-Secure Total Security (and already use Key and Freedome); Just as clarification that F-Secure Total is combine F-Secure SAFE and F-Secure Freedome (so - if you have Freedome subscription some valid time else - maybe it good to do small delay with buying F-Secure Total - because there probably missing any 'good' switch option; or will think F-Secure SAFE as additional to F-Secure Freedome - which mostly maybe will be with higher price - than F-Secure Total; and basically F-Secure Total Security should be most valid option - if there required both safe'n'freedome);

• Ukko

Hello,

Just as feedback:

I tried to install trial Nod32 Internet Security for Windows 10 system. And than launch F-Secure Online Scanner. With mostly default settings;

Online Scanner normally launched and worked. So, there indeed probably missing trouble-connection with another security software.

Previously (some outdated systems) I had experience when F-Secure Online Scanner was with kind of strange view - based on outdated 'DirectX' (?) under system. Also was some other troubles with Windows Updates (not all of them was installed); And, as example, just because there strong design about Internet Explorer (as requirement for proper launching F-Secure Online Scanner) - maybe some security (or other) settings was changed with your Internet Explorer and will trigger such trouble.

Also - I not able to check it with Windows 7 (with meanings - if it just trouble with Windows 7 only);

Sorry for my reply. So - if you will be still with such trouble (and ability to re-check reasons) - most likely there should be helpful direct help from F-Secure Team.

Thanks!

• MargosDezerian
    MargosDezerian Posts: 113 Enthusiast

Hi Ukko,

no need to say sorry for replying,it is more that I have to say thx for your help Smiley Wink

I will check out later again if there is maybe anything else in Internet Explorer.

Direct X is up to date as I see,and the Windows updates also(have an eye all the time especially on that).

The thing is in the past the Online Scanner worked without a problem.Any other second opinion scanner runs without a problem(Emsisoft Emergency Kit,Malwarebytes,Hitman Pro,Kaspersky,Panda,Trend Micro House Call etc).

This discussion has been closed.