Network connections: Malfunction

Hi,

I am using FSIS2011 on a netbook running Windows XP SP3.

I installed the product 3 days ago, and it has been showing the following in tray with a red X:

"Network connections: Malfunction."

The first day I installed it, it did not show any errors, at least at first. I do not know if this appeared on the first or the second day, but I have been having it staying there since day 2.

I have submitted a support ticket too, but I have not yet received a reply, thus I am here posting this in hope of a faster answer to my problem. In case you need to know the Support Ticket ID, it is "1-487791576".

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 2eemeli
    2eemeli Posts: 95 Enthusiast

What was the source of the IS11 installer?

The new version is out and if you have a F-Secure license you can upgrade to latest IS12.

If you got it from your operator please post the exact version here from the about.

F-Secure tray icon right mouse click.

One other thing to check is if Windows firewall is turned off.

• isc
    isc Posts: 3

It's the chip promo for IS11.

Windows Firewall is off, and F-Secure Firewall is on, that's what it says in Control panel > Security center (hopefully that's what it is in English).

Version info:

F-Secure Internet Security 2011 10.51 build 106

F-Secure Anti-Virus 9.30 build 16400
    F-Secure Automatic Update Agent 8.25 build 4095
    F-Secure User Interface 9.50 build 7559
    F-Secure Management Agent 8.15 build 35003
    F-Secure Parental Control 8.50 build 15480
    F-Secure E-mail filtering 1.02 build 7480
    F-Secure Network connections 6.27 build 106
    F-Secure Email Scanner 6.00 build 466
    F-Secure DeepGuard 3.00 build 171
    F-Secure Online Help 2.00 build 1480
    F-Secure Customization IS 10.50.01
    F-Secure Sidebar Gadget 1.00 build 192
    F-Secure Service News 1.00 build 140
    F-Secure Browsing Protection/SW 1.10 build 5656
    F-Secure Browsing Protection/ES 1.10 build 1039

On the status page, it shows everything on, with a green tick, except Parental control, sceduled scanning, and dial-up control so it should be ok..

• 2eemeli
    2eemeli Posts: 95 Enthusiast

Ah the Chip promo, that means you will not be able to install IS 2012 Smiley Sad

From the build number it looks you have the latest IS 2011 build which should be absolute stable.

What AV was before F-Secure installed?

Before trying to look into the system event and fsecure logs I would recommend you run unistallation tool from here and reinstall.

If the firewall is still not running after reinstaling it might be worth to look through system event logs to see what causes the issue.

It could be some conflicting firewall drive if there was some other AV installed or some vendor security softer e.g.. Nvidia security but I think that is highly unlikely.

• isc
    isc Posts: 3

Yes no 2012 for me without money being a student but 2011 should be good enough as av-test.org says.

I had Kaspersky and tried Bitdefender, but both are uninstalled and should not be a reason for FS to not work (not 100% sure but I think I removed both with their own removal tool). Bitdefender was too much for the computer even on the desktop, didn't work on the netbook either. Kaspersky was ok but F-Secure is the one I would like to use for it's security - resource usage ratio.

I am going to reinstall it sometime and investigate some. Thanks for the tips so far.

• Hello users, I had the same problem as ISC; Network connections: MalfunctionSmiley Frustrated

I use Vista Ultimate (32) and as Windows start, it begin wit a yellow Sign and after a minute or 2, red cross.

I have uninstalled the F-Secure and clean it with a special tool of F-Secure.

So, I start with a new download and yep..........it works Smiley Happy

• celavey
    celavey Posts: 34 Observer

Thanks. This is what I actually did, but have used Windows 7 instead of Vista and I am running in 32-bit.image

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info