Torrents not allowed with f-secure??

ungaro59
ungaro59 Posts: 3 New Member

Today, torrents can't be dowloaded with any country.

Is that normal ?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi ungaro59,

The restriction only applies to the gateways mentioned in this article. However, when a block happens on a particular location (which are mentioned in the article), it blocks the connection from the other locations as well temporarily, when you try to connect. The restrictions are automatically lifted after a few hours time.  

• ungaro59
    ungaro59 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi,

I use the countries like Finland (not in list). But it's impossible to download. I have a restriction message "HTTP error 403". I don't understand. When i don't use VPN F-secure freedome, all is right.

http://imgur.com/vH0vzYH

This problem appears since several days. Not before..

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello ungaro59,

HTTP error 403 refers to forbidden access. It could for example be that the server you are trying to access doesn't accept connection from Freedome's IP.  These restrictions should not be on Freedome side.

Also note from the article that if you switch between none-torrent-friendly locations and  torrent-friendly ones, you might experience temporary slowness:When such traffic is detected by our software, the VPN user's network connection is temporarily restricted by a firewall, leaving only web (http/https) services available for that client, and with limited capacity only.  

• Spirou111
    Spirou111 Posts: 4 New Member

Hi

I have also problem to access T411 torrent with Freedome activated.

Here're results of the tests I've performed :

- HTTP error 403 with Freedome enabled (SPain location)

- it's working with Freedome disabled

- it's working with another VPN

- it's working without VPN.

I've checked with T411 and :

- I'm not the only users in this case

- T411 team said that they have implemented no IP restriction

As it seems that problem occurs after a Freedome upgrade, can you give me the link to the end 2016 version to continue testing ?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Brgds

• Spirou111
    Spirou111 Posts: 4 New Member

Additional informations :

- I can ping the tracker and make a Tracert to it with Freedome activated

- Trackers from other sites are working well

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Spirou111,

We haven’t done any changes in our product that could explain this. There might be some blocking based on our IP addresses there where the user is trying to load the torrent. Or we may have flagged the other side as malicious or as tracking site: If you trust the torrent site, you can try to turn off the tracking protection and browsing protection from the Freedome client and try again.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info