Block a website for a user account

NPH
NPH Posts: 6 New Member

I have added websites to be denied for my child's user account under weblist exceptions

I have blocked Facebook and Ebay and it works fine but although I have denied youtube I can still access the website with his user account

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi NPH,

Just confirming, can you check the webpage address to see if it is also added in the allow list? May be try to remove the entry and re-enter the webpage in the denied list.

• NPH
    Hi Yes I did that. There seems to be a problem when using chrome Infact I have also noticed that some other websites which I have allowed like narwhale.io (unrated online game) do not work properly as they seem to be missing some kind of security objects when ysing IE but with Chrome all restrictions are bypassed.
  • [Deleted User]

Hi NPH,

Is the Browsing Protection extension enabled in the Chrome browser? If it is not enabled, can you try to enable it in the child account and try again?

Could you take a screenshot of the  Content blocker page > View website exceptions > allowed/denied list for the child account?

• NPH

Hi

Thanks for telling me to check extensions in Chrome, all done now

Still my son can access YouTube with his profile on Chrome (but not on IE)

Really sorry but I cant see how to attach screenshots here...:-(

• NPH

Hi, extensions are enabled in Chrome thanks

No difference after this, can still access Youtube from Chrome

How do I attach a screenshot here please?

Thank you

• [Deleted User]

Hi NPH,

You can attach your screenshot via these steps: Click Reply > Select 'Photos' to insert photos >  Choose your file > click Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info