Google constantly ashing for CAPTCHA (Thinks I am a robot)

Bullseye
Bullseye Posts: 7 New Member

Google is constantly asking me to confirm I am not a robot using "CAPTCHA".

I have read a recent thread about this explaining that all users of the same server have the same IP (Something which Google picks up as suspect behaviour).

Whilst this may well enhance anonymity this behaviour by google is really annoying and quite an irritant either having to do this, or worse turn protection OFF.

Other VPN's do not display this behaviour !! .   Is it possible to overcome this somehow??  Why can 't freedome use a large IP Pool to get round this?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Bullseye,

Not sure if you are referring to this KB article, but there is a detailed explanation on why it happens.

• Bullseye

Hi Laksh

Yes, that was the article and I do lkow the reason for this, but hat does not really provide a solution to the poor browsing experience that this leads to.

Why can you not allocate a wider range of IP values to minimise this device/IP duplication?

Surely that would remove this unnecesssary frustration?

• [Deleted User]

Hi Bullseye,

May I know in which locations are you seeing this issue? And what's the frequency of the Captcha appearance?

• Bullseye

Hi Laksh 

I always use London as my location, and it can happen 2 or 3 times a day 

• [Deleted User]

Hi Bullseye,

I did a quick check with our product team, it is seen that we were unable to reproduce the issue with our London servers at the moment, so it might be an on-and-off issue. For the moment, we are unable to do anything regarding this. This CAPTCHA problem exists with other VPN providers too – googling for it produces lots of hits for many VPN providers.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info