FS Protection PC Release 187

This release contains following applications that combined make the FS Protection PC product:

• Common Component Framework 2.87.268 
  • Antivirus 17.187.139
  • Browsing protection 2.187.5400

New features:

Common:

• Main user interface has been redesigned
  • Showing user name who is protected by Family Rules in the main user interface
  • The "Turn off all security features" button has been removed from the new main user interface; this is temporary and the button will be reintroduced in a forthcoming release
  • New main user interface has some problems, see "Known issues" for more information
  • Proxy configuration page changed; changing proxy no longer requires two privilege elevations

Antivirus:

• Low-risk potentially unwanted applications (sometimes called "riskware") are now blocked by real-time scanning (they are not removed automatically though)

Fixed issues:

Common:

• Duplicated sentence in Family Rules setup prompt (CTS-99037)
  • Dialog jumps position during installation flow (CTS-99018)
  • Crash in fshoster32, fs_ccf_metrics_plugin_32 (CTS-99044)
  • Family Rules setup complete dialog does not user portal name (CTS-99019)

Antivirus:

• Possible false positive: ProtocolFilters.dll.tmp (CTS-98983, SAFE_BUG-01588)
  • Manual scanning tasks run with low priority (CTS-98982)
  • Fresh view of Application and File Control (CTS-98890, CTS-98890)
  • Quarantined system infection restore confirmation message (CTS-98758)
  • Crash in Antivirus (CTS-99022)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Thanks for the release and sorry for my reply.

I feel good about Fresh UI.

Generally this redesigned view with a lot of good points; And with potential cool things (which can be later).

Also some of changes just totally perfect.

But I can to think about some points like:

--> If "Safe Search | Beta feedback | My FS Protection" (I mean '{item.tittle}'-place) strings can be more visible/strong (such as if tags "b or strong");

Maybe it can be with much interesting result.

--> "Showing user name who is protected by Family Rules in the main user interface"

Looks like that not work with my devices/systems (and I not found with release-notes that it should not work on current time);

Just "Picture" and word "Protecting" (where I think can be this "user name who is protected");

--> And not about fresh UI, but about fresh view of  "Application and File Control".

Does it possible that there is not available to restore/remove many files from Quarantine per one action?

Like we have to allow each action for each file/string. We not able to "clear all" (remove all files from quarantine or restore all files per action)?

Maybe this is normal situation and OK.

-----

Sorry for my reply.

Thanks else one time.

• Ukko

Hello,

Sorry for over-the-reply.

With clean installation (but more like: uninstall/re-install) I get proper view of "User name who is protected" under the Main UI (there also was small difference between settings; but probably it was not visible previously because it was upgrade, but not clean installation);

Also can to add that:

--> Uninstall-process take just less than one minute (?!);

But also do not release license (which was in use) - at least - it was installation under "kids"-profile (and after uninstallation it was stay like that with active license);

--> And install process take just around ten minutes (with already configured profile before installation; and about "run installer/allow pre-configured profile/re-check it/downloading/install updates");

Where most of time (I mean this "ten minutes of install-time") take just "configuration" steps and Aquarius-downloading/installing (anyway not so many time - in fact).

Sorry for reply.

Thanks.

Hi @Ukko

The missing username is a bit puzzling. We saw it a couple of times but it was unclear what caused it. Apparently you need to have installed a specific beta version (TP180-TP184??) and upgraded from there to have the missing name.

New installations and upgrades from previous release (16.5) have the username properly, so we're not spending that much effort on it.

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

Hello

Had to disable browsing protection in ffox because it slows down accessto urls too much

• yeoldfart

Hello

besides my last post, I can't find any drawbacks to the UI overlay, accessibility is excellent: congrats

• yeoldfart

no such thing after clean install and usual update flow

• Ukko

Sorry for ask.

Do you mean just missing username or also slow-result for browsing (access to URLs)?

I mean - that clean installation fix your experience about it? I not often use Firefox, but when I did so... I usually not feel much slower-result (based on FS Protection / F-Secure installation) - but I able to feel just that Firefox work pretty worst.

• Mysticiza
    Mysticiza Posts: 24 Explorer

For the curiosity: Im not participating in the beta program but I would like to see the new UI. Is it possible to get a screenshot? :)

• yeoldfart

sorry if it's a bit off topic: can you advise about a low cost vpn compatible with FS ?

• yeoldfart

Do you mean just missing username or also slow-result for browsing (access to URLs)?

yes indeed

This discussion has been closed.