Finland connection slowness

petriman64
petriman64 Posts: 2 Observer

Having 300Mb connection here in Spain. When using Espoo as location the dl speed drops to 3Mb!!!!

Pretty unusable for watching live streams (Areena and Katsomo)... 

EDIT: Title

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @petriman64,

I have moved your post as a separate one. We have been having some recent posts about slowness in connection or no connection with Freedome on especially on devices which has Kaspersky IS or Kaspersky Total Security running.

Could you confirm if there is Kaspersky Secure connection or Kaspersky Internet Security running on your PC along with Freedome?

• petriman64
    petriman64 Posts: 2 Observer

No Kaspersky. I have Avast.

Using Madrid as location I get 30Mbps dl speed, but that does not help if I want to watch Finnish TV...

Espoo gives 1 - 3Mbps "speed".

• Kumikone
    Kumikone Posts: 2 New Member

Reporting same here. Very slow and burst like connectivity.

Uninstalled Kaspersky IS 2017 nad Installed 2016 and works like a charm. 

Espoo server gives ~80Mbps

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi petriman64,

I checked with the product team about this issue. It is seen that this problem occurs during the routing of the traffic. It is unlikely we can do anything to this – there is a router somewhere in Europe which slows down the connection during the routing. We haven’t been able to pinpoint where it is despite multiple tries, and even if we’d find it, we would need to convince the Internet operators to change their routing to avoid that router when the traffic is destined to our addresses.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info