Sky Broadband 'Sky Shield' still filters sites when connected to Freedome

Zadokk
Zadokk Posts: 4 Explorer

I woke up this morning to find that my ISP has introduced 'adult filters' on my ISP - I rent my place so I'm guessing my landlord was sent a letter and either agreed or didn't bother to do anything about it. I've contacted her about it.

Anyway, in the meantime I thought I'd use Freedome to connect to the sites that have been blocked – nothing crazy, the main one being OkCupid, which has been blocked because it is a dating site. However, I've noticed that when I enable my VPN, connections to the dating sites still fail.

How is this possible? I assumed once I connected to Freedome, all requests would be handled by you and the ISP would not be able to filter them out.

Comments

• Zadokk
    Zadokk Posts: 4 Explorer
    Having talked to some people, there seems to be a suggestion that there's a DNS leak and that Freedome isn't performing all of the lookups (and that my ISP's DNS is therefor being used).

Is this an issue with Freedome or my computer?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Zadokk,

As mentioned in this post, when you are using Freedome, the traffic which the ISP sees is encrypted. What is the error message you see when you access the webpage? Is it the same error with Freedome on or off?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info