Tracker Map only works with one browser, not the one I want

Options
JustJeff
JustJeff Posts: 3 New Member

I cannot get tracker map (Freedome-VPN) to work with any other browser than MS Internet Explorer, which I don't really use. How do I change it? As far as I know, it only tracks internet activity on ONE browser, not two or three. I use Chrome mostly and Firefox, which I I could track on both - but no need for MSIE. Anyone?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi JustJeff,

May I know which OS are you using? What is the version of Freedome installed on your device?

• JustJeff
    JustJeff Posts: 3 New Member
    Options

Hi. I am using Windows 7 (64) and the most recent version of Freedome, which as far as I know is 1.10.3502.0  ... I cannot find any way to select which browswer I want the Tracker map to record. 
    Update: It appears to be functioning now. I used the Browsing Protection option to "test" a malicious website. It seems to have prompted the tracker map into working in Chrome, my primary browser.  I just checked it by going to some websites that are notorious for tracking, and they showed up. Even so, I don't know why there is no option to select which browser you want tracker map to record from, or why it excludes Firefox if Chrome is your default browser ... 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi JustJeff,

Our product team mentioned that Freedome works on the network level, not in the browsers. Tracker mapper is no exception to that. All the blocking we do affects all the network traffic the device generates, no matter if the network traffic comes from Chrome, Firefox or Angry Birds installed on the device.

Freedome tracker mapper doesn’t know about the browsers, as it works on the gateway level; not on the user’s device.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info