F-Safe for Android ignors Keep WiFi on during sleep setting

Since I installed f-Safe I noticed WiFi being active all the time even though I've set my 'Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep' setting to 'Never'. I uninstalled F-secure and now it is working as normal again. Is this a bug or do I need to change anything?

I have a Galaxy Note 4 and am running Android 6.0.1 (stock).

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Zoldar,

Could you please elaborate on how you know the setting work if SAFE is uninstalled? The setting seen is on the Android OS and not in SAFE. Also, could you please let us know what was your setting in SAFE - Under Settings > Data Usage? Was the setting previously in 'Use any network available' or 'Use Wi-Fi networks only'?

• Zoldar
    Zoldar Posts: 3 Observer
    I can see that the wifi setting works when i check the battery settings screen in android. If you open the battery screen and click on the graph, a new graph is displayed which shows when wifi was active and when it was not. When f-save is not installed, wifi is not active when the phone sleeps, during the night for instance. When f-save is installed, the graph shows wifi active all the time.

My f-save setting is default 'use any network available'.
  • Laksh

Hi Zoldar,

F-Secure SAFE need internet connection to check for updates. Since it keeps checking for updates in intervals, the connection might be happening in the background and hence the phone does not sleep. Since the phone does not sleep, you see the Wi-Fi usage.

• Laksh

Thanks for keeping us posted with the resolution, @Zoldar!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info