start up pop up

Hi is there a way of disabling the pop up at the start "YOUR COMPUTER IS PROTECTED"

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I've never seen a popup like that, other than when it scans a new network, and that should only happen on the first occasion.  Which version of F-Secure are you using?  Would it be possible to provide a screenshot of the popup?

• Johnq
    Johnq Posts: 3 New Member
  • Simon
    That is the main UI screen. As far as I am aware, it should only appear when you launch the program either from your desktop icon or the system tray icon. Are you saying that it appears every time you start your PC?
  • Johnq
    Johnq Posts: 3 New Member

yes it appears every time on start up thanks

• Simon
    The program should obviously start when you start your PC, but all you would usually see is the tray icon. I'm not sure why your UI is showing each time. I wonder if perhaps something has been placed in your Start Menu > Startup folder, which might be launching the UI? Other than that, I think this may be one for someone more technical than myself to answer. If you don't get any more responses here, then I would suggest you raise a support ticket with F-Secure.
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info