Subscription Key

Hello there guys,

I have a couple of subscription keys (1 SAFE, 2 FREEDOME) and I've been trying to activate the retail version but the instructions on the box (and on your site's instructions) do not work - there is nowhere to activate my subscription!

It is a retail version, with no campaign code... but even the campaign code instructions don't work because that option doesn't exist on my account!

What gives?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Not sure about Freedome (usually it possible to install Freedome and did activation under the UI - or around this steps), but do you mean that with F-Secure SAFE will be not work next steps:

--> https://my.f-secure.com/register/box ;

--> after fill the forms (name/mail/password) and "to login" ... there should be prompt for (box) License-string.

(basically you able to craft first URL with your license-string, but probably this is not critical and more nice to get prompt after registration).

This should be something like activate subscription for F-Secure SAFE;

Sorry if I think about something another, than you have as experience.

Thanks.

• Bloodfire
    Bloodfire Posts: 3 Observer
    There is no place to enter the license at all... Anywhere... Login with my account, nowhere to add a subscription even following those links.
  • Ukko

Hello,

And sorry for suggestions.

Yes, but this URL (  https://my.f-secure.com/register/box  ) should to work when you create fresh account (?).

On current time (and before previous reply) I able to do next steps:

--> Fill the name-forms, mail-form and password;

--> Create account button;

And during launch "My F-Secure Safe portal" (before access) there comes prompt about "Redeem your subscription..." (or use trial);

But I not check - if there will be prompt for Campaign;

And not sure... if there possible another situation (when your subscription/license will be not work with this).

Sorry for my reply.

• Bloodfire
    Bloodfire Posts: 3 Observer
    On new account creation process it states that the box campaign has ended.

I do want this associated with the primary email regardless.

It's a shame that the first secure staff doesn't get back to us. I'm a computer technician, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing...
  • Ukko

Hello,

So.. this is not nice. Smiley Sad

Maybe there can be most valid step (and brief result) will using:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-request

As support ticket about subscription trouble. For re-check situation, moving between mails, other...  thingswhich  F-Secure Support able to do.

Under community maybe anyway can be just ask for the same things, which can be with F-Secure Support.

• Bloodfire616
    Bloodfire616 Posts: 2 Observer
    Hehe, deleting my account also apparently doesn't mean the community name gets deleted, so now I have a new username in the community... despite it being tied to the exact same email...
This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info