IOs no connection to local devices

Reinhard
Reinhard Posts: 3 New Member

Hello,

According to this article I should be able to connect to my local devices while freedome turned on on iOS: 

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Can-I-connect-to-my-local/ta-p/82003

Unfortunately while It works as described with the Android version (after setting my trusted network), it does not work on IOs (iPad Air with latest iOS 10) automatically as described. While freedome is on, local devices cannot be reached. I think the rule should simply be that private IP addresses should not go through the VPN channel at all.

Regards

Reinhard

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Reinhard,

May I know which version of Freedome are you using in your iOS device? Is it the recent version of Freedome?

• Reinhard
    It is the latest one from the App Store, 2.6.3.
  • [Deleted User]

Hi Reinhard,

What are the local network devices you are trying to connect to? Are you able to connect to those devices when Freedome is turned off?

• Reinhard

I cannot connect to my qnap NAS, my DSL Router (Fritzbox) and my Netgeat Wifi Router, all by http. They are all in the same local network with my ipad. After disabling Freedome I can connect again. 

As mentioned I can also connect to these devices with freedome turned on with my Android phone after setting my local network as a trusted one.

Regards

Reinhard

• [Deleted User]

Hi Reinhard,

Accessing the local network devices should be possible through Freedome on iOS as well. However, we cannot control that – it comes from the Apple’s built-in IPSec VPN functionality in the device itself.

Has this been the situation always or did this happen recently - like due to an iOS upgrade (which changed this behavior)?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info