Bank protection blocks smtp

Hello

whenever BP is running, I can't send mails using Tbird for outlook.com mail account, Tbird returns error message for SMTP

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Sorry if I've misunderstood, but isn't blocking other connections what Banking Protection is supposed to do? I only use BP when I'm actually on banking sites, and end it when I've finished any transactions.
  • yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

in Ffox Bp kicks in when I connect to bank sites, when I close the active bank site tab (window) BP remains active, if I try to send a mail via Tbird it blocks smtp.

I'm wondering wether BP should not close itself when I quit the bank site...

Why in hell should BP block smtp in Tbird, these are very different protocols ?

Does this answer your question ?

• Simon

When I use BP in Seamonkey (which is based on Firefox), BP usually only closes when I close the browser window in which it was activated. It doesn't close automatically if I just move away from a banking site, and stay in the same browser window, but if I go to a non-banking site in that case, it comes up saying BP is on, and do I want to allow the site or end the BP session. I'm not sure what the relationship is to SMTP, but I'm guessing it's simply because BP is still active, and blocking other connections. Maybe someone more technical could answer that one? :-

• yeoldfart

I do not have the technical skills either, I use what seems to be logical thinking to me: http and smtp protocols are different and "separated" imo.

btw I do think BP should close itself when leaving AND closing bank site window, not ask the user.

In my case, closing the connection to the bank site does NOT close BP on Ffox 50.00

• yeoldfart

just a few words to inform you that I had created a bug report on BP blocking smtp, I received the answer right now saying a bug's been corrected and it should not happen again.

• Simon
    Good news!
This discussion has been closed.