Freedome 3 devices: Android -> iPhone ?

GregExhib
GregExhib Posts: 2 New Member

Hi,

I bought Freedome for 3 devices, I use it on my Macbook, my Android phone and my girlfriend's iPhone. Now I cahnged my android phone for an iPhone and I would like to install Freedome on my new iPhone but when I try to register with the subscription code it tells me that I have reached the limit of platform using Freedome. 

How can I cancel the android to give access to my new iPhone?

Thank you.

Greg

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Greg,

Welcome here!

Freedome has the license tranfer functionality but this is applicable only with Windows/Mac/Android versions. This functionality is yet to be available for the iOS version. However, in your case, you can try to uninstall and reinstall Freedome on your Macbook which will inturn initiate the license transfer.

This article has more information about this functionality. Please have a look.

Before you try the reinstallation on one of your other devices, please uninstall Freedome from your old device i.e Android so that it does not validate the license again when you initate the transfer.

• GregExhib
    GregExhib Posts: 2 New Member

Hi!

Well that didn't help at all...

I uninstalled from the android, from the macbook and still couldn't get it on the iPhone...

I find it very difficult not to be able to use the 3 licenses the way you want. I mean phones (or any other devices) break or get stolen all the time. This is a major problem... I'm very much considering not renewing my subscription...

Bad UX...

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Greg,

Have you tried to reinstall Freedome on your Mac and did you use the recent installer during the installation?

Please initiate the reinstall on your Macbook which will inturn ask for the license transfer. Please use the recent installer of Freedome on your Mac. Once it asks for the transfer, you may use the license on your iPhone.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info