IOS 10 update erased my iPhone Freedome licence

Options
Bulbhead
Bulbhead Posts: 27 New Member

Freedome was installed in my iPhone 6 as part of multi-licence package.

I  updated this iPhone to IOS 10 two days ago with the result that after the update Freedome did not recognize the licence and asked me to buy a new one. I tried activation by using the original licence password, but it was rejected "because I had used it already in the same iPhone". So Freedome is "off" in my iPhone is even though I have a valid licence.

The problem reminds me of a similar one I had short time ago when I replaced my old iPad  and transferred its contents from the backup to the new one: the Freedome licence was lost during the process. The multi-licence could not be reactivated and the workable solution was to use an individual licence instead. For information: I updated also this iPad to IOS 10 and encountered no problems  with the Freedome licence in the process.

Seems there are shortcomings in the multi-licence process, which do not affect single licences.

How can I reactivate my valid iPhone Freedome licence which was lost in during the IOS 10 update?

Comments

• Bulbhead
    Options

Once more, could anyone help? The update  to IOS 10 cut my valid  Freedome licence in my iPhone (part of multi-platform licence) short. How can I restore this licence which still has five (prepaid) months to go?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

hi, 

Did you reset anyhow the phone to factory settings before performing the upgrade?

The upgrade to IOS10 shouldn't modify the licence of installed apps(including Freedome).

Please open a support ticket, so we can investigate this behavior and assist you with your license.

• Bulbhead
    Options

I followed the standard IOS upgrade procedure as was made available by Apple. I did not do any resets , but they may well have been part of the upgrade procedure itself.

The problem I refer to occurred in my iPhone 6 which had an earlier multi-platform  licence for Freedome.

Just a note: there was no problem with Freedome when I upgraded my iPad Pro to IOS 10 on the same day. The only difference is that iPad was under a separate (individual) licence (which I got i.a. on an earlier occasion a couple of  weeks earlier when I had similar problem with its multi-platform licence).

In that case I was taking a new iPad Pro into use and transferred the contents of my old iPad (which had the licence) from the backup in my P; however,  the Freedome licence was not transferred with the contents though everything else was.

• Bulbhead
    Options
    Support requested (sppose this is the ticket).
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Thank you for the update. I highlighted the ticket to  our support.

• Bulbhead
    Options
    In any case I want my Freedome back soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info