Torrents and file sharing

PontusO
PontusO Posts: 5 New Member

You list countries where file sharing will not be hidden by Freedome due to DMCA. Does that mean that it will work in the countries not listed? Please list gateways where torrent/file sharing will work with software like myTorrent and be hidden with Freedome. Will the traffic be hidden if I use the Swedish gateway?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi PontusO,

As Ben has mentioned in this similar post, the restriction should not apply to the servers not mentioned in the article.

• PontusO
    PontusO Posts: 5 New Member

Hi

Thank you for the answer but I would like a Yes or No answer please. Can i feel safe using them or not. 'It should' isn't that helpful.

For instance:

Q Will the airbag work A Yes = Good

Q Will the airbag work A It should = I don't feel safe.

• SMagus
    SMagus Posts: 2 New Member

Could you please explain this to me - why do all Transmission ports close the moment i switch on Freedome? This happens regardless of the location selected.

Thanks

Boris

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @SMagus,

As mentioned in this old post, when a block happens on a particular location (which are mentioned in the article), it blocks the connection from the other locations as well temporarily, when you try to connect. The restrictions are automatically lifted after a few hours time.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info