Move Freedome licence to new iPad

jfaust
jfaust Posts: 3 New Member

I have just updated my iPad and want to move the Freedome licence from my old iPad to my new one  - I purchased a licence for 5 devices but when I try to activate the new iPad it says I have used up all my devices (used on family iPhones as well)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Jason,

We do have the license transfer option with Freedome as mentioned in this article here. However, it is currently available only for Windows, Mac and Android devices. iOS versions currently do not have this feature.

Is there any other device apart from iOS devices in which you have Freedome with the same license?

• IanK
    IanK Posts: 1 New Member

Hi Laksh,

I have the same problem. I've upgraded to an iPad Pro and now I cannot use Freedome on my new iPad. I purchased a 3 device subscription (using on my PC laptop, iPhone and old iPad), and would really like to get it working on the new device.

I read the article in the hyperlink about "Transfers", but I don't understand how to activate / initiate a transfer. Can you explain how to do this and confirm if it can allow me to use Freedome on my three current devices?

Thank you,
    Ian

• jfaust
    jfaust Posts: 3 New Member

Hi Laksh

Unfortunately they are all iOS devices

Jason

• [Deleted User]

Hi Jason,

Sorry to know all are iOS devices. I would recommend to contact our Support team via a support request in order to proceed further.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Ian,

At any point of time, you can use your Freedome license for 3 devices (since you have a 3 device subscription). If you would like to move your current Freedome license in your old iPad to the new iPad, you can initiate the license transfer for Freedome.

Since you have a PC laptop, you can initiate the license transfer in there. You may uninstall the Freedome from your old iPad before you start the license transfer so that you can install the code with Freedome in your new iPad. In this case, your license for Freedome will remain in the 3 devices - laptop, iPhone and new iPad.

In order to initiate the license transfer, you have to uninstall and reinstall Freedome in the laptop. When you reinstall, Freedome prompts for a license transfer when it detects that your subscription code has reached its maximum number of installations.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info