Google captcha

Tuneknob
Tuneknob Posts: 9 New Member

For the last three weeks, I'm unable to perform Google Searches when using Freedom for my preferred location since I'm always asked to prove that I'm not a robot.
The bad thing is that no matter how many time I fill the captcha, I'm always requested to write the text again and again and again. In other words, I'm unable to prove I'm not a robot.
The only way to use Google is to change the location but this is annoying.

I know there have been issues in the past with Google and other sites, but this is making Google search unavailable.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Tuneknob,

Yes, as Ben has mentioned in this post, we are aware of this. However, I will pass on your feedback to our Product Team to keep them posted.

• Tuneknob

Yes,

but the real annoying part here is not the verification itself but the fact that there seems to be no way to pass the verification challenge. The captcha seems to fail and fail and there's no way to let it work.

And this is going on for weeks now...

• Laksh

Hi Tuneknob,

We have received some feedback about the Google captchas before. However, it is a little strange that the captcha does not allow you through and it might need further investigation.

Could you please provide the following information in which the issue occurs to check further?

1. Virtual location

2. Browser

3. Device used (Win/Mac/Android/iOS)

• Tuneknob

Hi Laksh,

thank you.

Here are the details:

Browser: Firefox and Chrome

Device Used: MAC OS X and iOS

Let me know.

• evolun
    evolun Posts: 21 Explorer

There is news?

Still you can not use italian milan virtual location, google keeps asking captcha indefinitely.

From Safari on iOS, Chrome on Windows 10 and Chrome on Android, same problem.

• Tuneknob

Same story here....there is no way to pass the Google verification.

• Laksh

I have passed on the information to our Product team @Tuneknob. They are investigating on this issue currently. I will update you once I have any further information from them.

• Tuneknob

Thanks,

let me know please.

• ZV
    ZV Posts: 2 New Member

Same is happening to me; Google keeps presenting CAPTCHAs while I'm surely typing them correctly.

My details are:

- Browser: Safari

- Device: MAC and iOS

I'm currently using the same location (Milan).

• Laksh

Hello Everyone,

Our team is still checking on this. However, if you’re using Google services and get blocked when using the Italian location, you may use some other location as the workaround.

• Tuneknob

Ok,

this is the workaround I use. But as you may imagine I've chosen Freedome also because Italy was among the countries I could use and needed to use. Switching location each time I've to make a Google Search is a bit annoying as you may guess.

• Tuneknob

There's an update to this issue:

now the problem occurs, in the very same way, if you are using Zurich location.

So Italy and Switzerland are not usable.

Can you let us know if you are fixing this in some way?
    Thanks.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Tuneknob,

I could not reproduce the issue on the Swiss location today. Is this location still problematic for you?

Our team is still investigating the behavior on the Italian location.

• Tuneknob

Switzerland is working properly today.

Thanks

• LordGordon
    LordGordon Posts: 2 New Member

Same issue here. Google searches from Milan (Italy) is always broken.

Details:

• Browser: Chrome, Firefox, Safari.

Using another location as workaround works, yet is not the ideal solution for users who need to be gelocalized in Italy.

Could you please fix this issue?

Thanks for your support.

Best Regards.

• evolun

Yesterday evening I also encountered issues with Switzerland - Zurich, remedied using Germany - Falkenstein, but keep changing the place is a bit 'exhausting, I have to change on my device, on that of my girlfriend, and on the laptop, is from August that the situation does not change seems a bit 'too much for a service like this.
    I now often leave freedome disabled, also because in addition on iOS half as many times the vpn connection fails to wake when I unlock phone.

• evolun

Does anyone remember us? Italy, Milan is still in the same conditions...

• [Deleted User]

Hello evolun, 

We have been in contact with Google to try and resolve this issue on our Italian location. 

As of yesterday the captcha should not be looping anymore and can be validated.

We are still  working to get it removed completely.

• [Deleted User]

Hello all, 

The captcha should now(and for the last few days) be totally gone for our Italian location. 

• LordGordon
    LordGordon Posts: 2 New Member

Thank you!

So far everything looks fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info