No option to enter registration Code on IOS

SPH
SPH Posts: 6 Explorer

I have previously subscribed for Freedome on iOS via the App store.

I have now allowed that subscription to expire and instead purchased a multidevice code via the F-Secure website. However there is no possibility to enter the code into the iOS app.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, even turning off the device in between uninstall and reinstall, but all I see under the subscription menu is the word "Expired" with no further options.

According to this article: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/How-can-I-activate-my-multi/ta-p/75821 I should instead get a prompt asking about the multidevice registration, but this never happens.

How do I enter the registration code?

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi SPH,

May I know when your Apple app store license expired?

• SPH
    SPH Posts: 6 Explorer

Hello - Expiration was July 8th.

I did notice yesterday evening that I appear to have VPN service even though the subscription has expired. It failed previously prior to my original post which I had been waiting for to then convert to the multidevice license

This is both on my iPad and iPhone which both show my subscription as expired (they use the same Apple ID)

Both devices have latest iOS installed

• Laksh

Thanks for your feedback, SPH. I will pass it on to the product team.

Glad to know everything is sorted back now.

• MrMPA
    MrMPA Posts: 1 New Member

Just to let you know that I face exactly the same problem and am waiting now for the pop-up to pop up. Do you have any idea how long this should take? 

• Laksh

Hi @MrMPA and @SPH,

There is a 3-7 day grace period to enter the new license code in iOS, depending on the length of the subscription the user had.This is mainly due to the reason that we don't get the information from the App store right away if the user has renewed his subscription or not; and we want to avoid double billing the users.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info