F-Safe Time Limit on Android useless?

rcvd
rcvd Posts: 5 New Member

I bought F-Safe mainly because of its time limiting feature to control my childs android smartphone usage without constantly having discussions. This worked for a few weeks until my son today discovered a really easy workaround:

• Change the date in Settings to tomorrow
  • Wait a few minutes until the time limit resets
  • Set back the date 

I can't believe that this software does not prevent this and / or detects it, it's nearly useless now. Am I doing anything wrong?

Best regards

Alex

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

I'd hazard a guess that there are ways around Parental Controls in most security products, if someone is resourceful enough to look for them. 

• rcvd

Absolutely...but just by changing the time on the device? That's far too easy for my kids...and does not deserve to be named as secure.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Alex,

Are you having the recent version of F-Secure SAFE installed on your android? If it's not the recent version, please install the recent version and update us on the above scenario.

If you do have the recent version, please create a support request with details about your phone model, OS version and list of other installed applications to investigate further.

• rcvd

Thank you for your reply. I've already installed the latest version on all of our devices, therefore I opened a support ticket.

Best regards 

Alex

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info