F secure Safe not responding

I have just spent three hours reinstalling Windows 10 and I have just tried to run My F Secure Safe and nothing is happening. I have checked the Safe Portal and it states that it is downloaded and all the shortcuts are there but as I say nothing happens.

I have F Secure Booster Free installed and that works OK.

Can somebody help me please

Mick Flynn

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Firstly, have you rebooted the machine since you installed F-Secure?  If not, that's the first thing I would try.

If that doesn't work, then check that you have all of your Windows Updates up to date, as some of them may take a while to come through now that you have reinstalled Windows 10.

If you are still having problems after that, then I suggest that you re-install F-Secure, either over the top of itself, or if that fails, use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to fully remove your current installation, and start again.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

If you have experience with reinstallation for OS and there have "partly installed" software (which was there before reinstallation) - most likely that F-Secure Uninstall Tool will be helpful.

But maybe you also able to re-check steps before tool:

--> Uninstall by Common panel (if it will be possible). For "retrieve" license.

--> Under F-Secure Safe Portal "release/remove" license (because it can be just "stuck"-status. Based on point.. that F-Secure installation was not removed by common steps).

Or just use F-Secure Uninstall tool from first... and probably with next try to install.. you will be able to "re-use" license or something like that (if you have all in use already).

Sorry for my reply.

• mickflynn50
    mickflynn50 Posts: 12 Observer

I ran the uninstallation tool which removed both Safe and Booster from my PC. When I tried to reinstall Safe it said I had no licences left and under My Account it says that Safe is installed. When I first went to the F Secure webpage, it said that it was being updated and unavailable.

Could it be that the website is not being updated with my new information and will be tomorrow? If not, please advise how I deal with this problem now.

Thanks for your prompt response

Mick Flynn

• Simon
    When you reinstall, it should give you the option to re-use an existing license, so that's what you need to do. You could also try the "release license" method that Ukko mentioned above. I'm not sure where that is in the Portal, but if not obvious, try in the Accounts and Payments section.

Unfortunately, the uninstall tool is rather a blunt tool, and it will remove all products, which is why I suggested a simple reinstall first. Hopefully Booster should reinstall without any issues .
  • mickflynn50

I did not find a specific "button" to reinstall. Is there one somewhere? If so, where, please?

• mickflynn50

Thank you; that seems to have done the trick.

• alfee
    alfee Posts: 2 New Member

Very disappointed that after renewing my subscription with F Secure it is not working. Tried re-installing but won't as alredy installed. Should have gone with another provider it would seem.

Shouldn't have to uninstall as the new update should work first time. My PC is now not protected due to F Secure's fault.

Have not had this problem ith ANY other security systems.

• Simon

If you would like some help, then perhaps you could tell us what is "not working" with the product?  My initial suggestion would be to use the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool to fully remove the current installation, and start again.  I would also recommend that you ensure that all other similar security products are removed, preferably using the vendor's uninstall tool, before you install F-Secure.  

• alfee
    alfee Posts: 2 New Member

Thanks I will try  that tomorrow after work as it's getting late now and I'm exhausted with it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info