Constant pop-up telling me my subscription is expiring. (SAFE)

So I have one day left on my subscription and I'm just waiting for the e-mail bill to arrive so i can renew for another year.

Now F-Secure is sending me a pop up every minute with the most annoying sound in the world telling me about the expiration date. EVERY MINUTE. WHY?!

I have looked through every setting and I just can't find a way to disable this.

I even signed up for the renewal through this pop up and it still keeps coming.

Only option I can see is disabling the whole antivirus for a day, but if that's the solution there is no way i'm paying for another year. Any reasonable solutions for this?

Comments

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hello Jtaneli,

Welcome to our Community!

Sorry to hear about your issue, and the notifications will show up on your screen when your program is expiring soon or expired. And once the payment is successful, you will receive an order confirmation with the purchase details and you wont be getting the renewal any longer.

Regarding your renewal, I will send you a private message about it. Please check and get back to us.

Thank you.

Hi @Jtaneli

Which platform you getting this problem on (Windows PC, Mac, Android,..?)

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• RalliEnglanti
    RalliEnglanti Posts: 1 New Member

I'm having the same issue. I still have 5 days left of the susbscription. Pressing postpone should be enough to get the popup to disappear, but instead every minute I get "bling" and a popup which is quite annoying.

I'm running Windows 10.

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hi RalliEnglanti,

Can I know which OS you are using and can you please check on your Inbox since i have sent you a private message,we need some details regarding your purchase and account in order for me to check further on this issue.

Thank you.

• kmkyap
    kmkyap Posts: 2 New Member

Having exactly the same problem.

Can someone let me know how I can stop / reduce frequency of these notifications.

I am getting a notification every 5 minutes, sometiems quicker, no exaggeration.

This is excessive and unnecessary.

Strapped for cash right now which is why I would like to leave renewal until the final day.

Actually getting to the point where I'm considering looking for another product / provider.

Pop up message has appeared 4 times while I have been typing this message.............. imagine if I posted this message every 5 minutes .......... for 5 days............... just a thought.........;-)

Thanks in advance

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

This is maybe related with desktop Windows 10 design/work about security software (based on most?!/all?!/supported? security software by Microsoft). Such as... Windows 10 trigger current strange notification about expiration too much many times (with strange design around) with reasons that... OS will check status of installed security software (like handle it).

Does it possible that your OS is Windows 10? And pop-up more looks like system one?

Because pop-up/notification for desktops by F-Secure often (?) have option to postpone and to be shown with long delay between.

Sorry for reply.

• houligan
    houligan Posts: 1 New Member

Is this problem possible to solve somehow ? My subscription is still valid for 5 days but message pops up every minute and it is very annoying.

I'm going to renew my subscription at the end of my current subscripiton. Not 5 days before. 

Is the only solution to remove F-secure SAFE and try to find some other virus scanner?

• Dosse
    Dosse Posts: 2 New Member

Just put windows notifications in silent time. For 5 days....

• RetroEd
    RetroEd Posts: 1 New Member

I have F-Secure 16.3 - Internet Security Suite - and despite still having 44 days left on the licence, it keeps popping up reminding me that i need to renew. I click on postpone, but it reappears again soon after.

How do i postpone the reminder until nearer the time as its driving me crazy!?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info