More problems adding devices to Freedome subscription

MW1
MW1 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi All,

I have a 5-device, 1 year subscription (which is about half way through) to Freedome VPN.

I have bought a new phone and I'm trying to remove my old phone as a registered device, so that I can use it on my new phone. I cannot find a way of doing this anywhere. I have been through all the menus on my Mac and on my (Android) phones, but nothing there.

There are several posts about this in the forum, but the "Accepted Solution" to these sometimes doesn't actually include a solution, and sometimes refers to options in menus that I cannot see / don't exist.

In my subscription menu, it says the subscription is "Active" and tells me how many days are left, but there is no list of devices included in this subscription anywhere.

Any help gratefully received. Thanks

M

Comments

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hello MW1,

If you have utilized all your available license key for F-Secure Freedome, then it will give you an option to transfer the license key once you are trying to install on the new device. The transfer option applies only to the multi-device subscriptions of Freedome purchased directly from F-Secure or F-Secure official resellers. Subscriptions bought through app stores such as Google Play or Apple AppStore do not apply. This feature is currently available only for the Windows, Mac and Android versions. The feature will be available for iOS later on.

You may refer here for more information.

Thank you.

• MW1

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I bought this direct from F-Secure, via a Mac. I don't know if I've used all my available devices, because there is no list of devices. I don't know if it still thinks I am using this on old devices. There is no option to transfer licences, there are no options of any kind relating to licences.

I'm sure there used to be an option to transfer licences, or there was a list of devices, or a device management section somewhere. But I can't find it. I don't seem to be able to "login" from the app's main screen and I can't login via the website.  I tried the reset password option, in case I've forgotten it, but no email was received, so I assume I don't have an account. I set up a new online account using the same email address I used when buying the original subscription, but there's no option to look at / add a record of an existing subscription.

Any further advice?

Thanks

M

• Chameni

Hi MW1,

For F-Secure Freedome you will get the transfer option on the new device when you proceed with the installation. You will only get this if you have exceeded the usage limit for the license key.Example if it is a 3 device license key, then you will get the transfer option on the 4th device when you proceed with the installation.

And the login option you mentioned, are you refering to the F-Secure Safe? Since F-Secure Safe you will be able to login and manage your subscription from the Safe Portal. It will show you the list of installed device too. Did you purchase the F-Secure Safe before? Is it from F-Secure website? Could you please send me a private message if you any purchase details for your F-Secure Safe in order for me to check further.

Thank you.

• MW1

Thanks. I'll keep trying to install it on different devices and see if the transfer option appears.

I'm not sure what the login option logs into, it appears on the subscription tab of the Mac app.

Thanks again.

• Chameni

Hi MW1,

Are y ou able to transfer the license key to your new device? And please be inform that this feature is currently available only for the Windows, Mac and Android versions. The feature will be available for iOS later on.

For the login page you are refering to, you can send us a screenshot in order for us to advise further.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info