Windows 10 (home) auto un-install subscribed ver. prior to install beta experienced serious lag

Installed beta with this config..

fs protection 16.2

Antivirus 14.157 build 100

DeepGuard 5.0 build 592
E-mail Filtering 1.02 build 20399
Management Agent 8.30 build 43244
User Interface 18.00 build 510
Virus Protection 11.00 build 22033

Running windows 10 64bit os. CPU 1005M @1.90GHz

4Gb RAM (3.88Gb usable).

During Beta install using fsprotectionInstaller, setup notified of previous version install. User to allow uninstall which was subsequently removed. PC restart required after removal of paid / subscribed version. Operation successful, lapsed time seemed excessive.

Next action was the beta prog. installation. Lapsed time was reasonable, installing  updates to the beta lagged excessively. Often appearing unresposive or idleing? Left the process to complete the install inc. updates without further user input. 

Fsprotection install took approx 40mins! My laptop continually advising the my system has  no anti-virus and at risk. Also windows defender reported that is wasn't running.

System is new (hence first scan only scanned 750 files) 

Q; was system left vulnerable during installation?

Uninstallation of subscribed version was necessary to complete beta install. Subscription was renewed at a cost of £25.00 (Virgin Media Customer) and paid last month (Jan 2016) for one year.

Q; What is the status of my current subscription and why does my fs protection beta only show 135days remaining at ttime of writing this.

Any help /information welcome

Please advise

Thanks

Sean P T

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

You cannot have two versions of F-Secure on the same machine, hence the removal of the subscribed version.  Further, the free licence for the Beta is only for six months, but this is renewed for active testers.

Personally, I would have uninstalled the previous version myself first, perhaps using the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool, but if things seem to be running OK now, I guess that may not be necessary.  If you have problems, though, use the tool, then reinstall the beta.

• Seandrea16
    Seandrea16 Posts: 9 Observer
    happy to submit a bug report. (to follow) hope it helps. in the meantime - all good so far as i can tell. still getting used to windows 10.
    thanks
This discussion has been closed.