No internet access with active F-Secure Freedome

Options
Alun
Alun Posts: 4 New Member

No internet access with Freedoms active on 10.6" Fusion5 tablet running android 5.1.1. No VPN profile is seen in android settings. Other android devices have no problems running F-Secure Freedoms.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi Alun,

Does this issue occur when connected to any location? Are you using Wi-Fi or a 3G connection for connecting to the internet?

Which is the version of Freedome installed on your device?

• Alun
    Options
    All connection to the Internet are unavailable. I have downloaded the latest Freedoms from Google store. However I cannot say whether the android software on Fusion tablets (manufactured in China) is unchanged!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee
    Options

Hi Alun,

Based on the supported OS versions in this page, Android 4.0.3 or later is supported. In your case, since the OS version is Android 5.1.1, it should be supported. However, since there is still no connection to the internet, is there any error message seen when you try to access the internet? Or any other visible errors or messages seen for this connection issue?

• Alun
    Options

Hi Laksh,

When using a browser the messages are -

net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.  or  DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET depending on the browser. Using other android apps requiring internet connection I don't see error messages but no connection is made. For example email remains in the outbox.

I have tried other VPN tools and none have worked. I therefore think that this is an issue around DNS name recognition or VPN permission - but I am only guessing!

Regards,

Alun

• Alun
    Options

Another VPN client app for android supplied details for manually configuring VPN profile. This worked although the app itself (as with Freedome) did not automatically configure VPN profile. 

In the absence of a solution from you for this issue, I would appreciate details for manual configuration as a workaround.

Alun

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info