Auto kill after scanning with S Secure Safe

Hi All,

I am used to Norton and Mccaffee AUTO KILL after scanning my pc.   Meaning that my pc is automatically switched off after scanning.

Why is this function not available in F Secure ?

How can we achieve this AUTO KILLin F Secure?

I hope you can advice on this matter.

Thank you,

Ron

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    It's a nice idea, and may be useful for those who regularly do full scans. Although, one disadvantage I can see is, what if some sort of user action is required after the scan, but the machine has been shut down? How does Norton handle this?

Personally, I don't see the need for regular full scans, as the product would block any virus or malicious activity when it attempts to execute, and before it executes, it's not actually doing anything anyway.

You might like to put your suggestion in the Feature Requests section, which you can find here:

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/Idea_Exchange
  • RonSecure
    RonSecure Posts: 2 New Member

Hi  I posted the message and hope for the best.

For us it is a daily task to do a full scan.  If F Secure guards well there will not be any human intervention requiered. In case of serious trouble the pc will not shut down and will wait for user intervention.

An anternative could very well be that the system shuts down and on starting up your system you  will be directed to F Secure to do whatever is necessary.

Hope this post will amount to something.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info