New install, no internet connection when Freedome turned on

Garpo
Garpo Posts: 6 New Member

I just installed my free trial of Freedome. It installed without errors. As soon as I turn it on, I get a message saying that information is encrypted but my wireless connection shows 'No Internet Connection' and I can't open any web pages. I have tried several different servers, samething. I have another pc that uses another vpn for work and that works fine. My pc has Win10 installed. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Garpo,

May I know which version of Freedome have you installed on your device currently? Could you retry installing Freedome (after uninstalling the current version) using this version and see if it works?

• Garpo

Hi,

I thought it would have been the latest version since I downloaded it from this site yesterday. It is 1.2.2729.0 I will uninstall and re-install and let you know.

• Garpo

I am now connected but my trial isn't 30 days anymore. I have only 13 days remaining. Since I'm supposed to have 30 days from install and I originally installed only yesterday, I should have 29 days remaining. What is different about this version? Are there limitations on bandwidth. Is it ad supported?

• Laksh

Hi Garpo,

Based on our Freedome website here, the free trial is for 14 days only. Considering your installation yesterday, you would have 13 days left for your trial period.

Could you please highlight how you got the 30 days trial for Freedome?

• Garpo
    It was a promo from best buy.
  • Garpo

Thanks for all your help. It has been working great since it was reinstalled.

• Laksh

Hi Garpo,

Glad to  know it worked.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info