could not connect to teh internet after install

canadavirgin
canadavirgin Posts: 6 New Member

hello

okay so i purchased this software through best buy, and was looking forward to installing it, when i did everything was fine for a few hours, when i turned off my laptop and reconnected teh following day, i could not connect to my internet at all.

after many attemps without any luck, i uninstalled teh software and i was back up an drunning, does anyone have any idea's?

one other thing i noticed was when it was installed and i searched for my location on teh internet i was found, why is that, i thoght this software made my location unavailable?

i sent a request for help, and the only message i had back was about getting a refund, and no support in any way  Smiley Sad

it was the freedome program by the way

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi canadavirgin,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Did you see any error message when the Freedome program tried to turn on? The Freedome program will mask your IP address only when it turns on and not when just installed. The VPN has to be turned on in order to mask your IP address.

Let me check on the support ticket opened by you so that our support team can troubleshoot further.

• canadavirgin

it insalled ok, and it said it was connected and it looked to be doing all it was supposed to be, upart from masking my location, very disapointed in that part, so no issue until my laptop was turned off and back on again the next day.

the only thing i noticed was it was saying connecting for ages, but didnt connect to anyting or let me connect to my internet.

• [Deleted User]

Hi canadavirgin,

Have you enabled the option ' Freedome starts automatically after you restart your computer'? If it is not enabled, could you enable this and try to restart your computer to check if Freedome reconnects back?

• canadavirgin

i have just reloaded this back on, i have enabled that option, in fact it was already loaded, i will get back to you soon

• canadavirgin

okay so all im getting is the circle saying connecting with a wizzy thing spinning around, and nothing connecting, when this happends i cant connect to my home network, and i have to stop it so i can connect, so nothing has changed.

Paul

• [Deleted User]

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your update!

I have highlighted about your post to our Support team since you have already opened a ticket. They should be following up with your issue further.

• canadavirgin

great thanks would be nice to have it sorted out, its going on a bit wothout any solution

• canadavirgin

okay so when will i get some answers??????

i have a product that i have purchased and seems like it does not lik emy system, i cant use it, and im not getting any answers.

i tcicket has been opened a long time ago, but no one is contacting me with any ideas, please could someone help me out,

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info