F-Secure Booster 'Improve drive speed' fails to finish

I'm using F-Secure Booster Version 2.3.2.868 and the "Improve drive speed" function refuses to complete its task.  It seems to work initially, the little yellow boxes dutifully albeit slowly appearing; yet when all the boxes are at long last completely yellow the spinner in the upper right of the "Speed Up" window just spins and spins, for hours, with no closure/finish of the function forthcoming.  Plus, when frustration gets the better of me (as it should when a function fails to finish its job) and I click "Cancel" then close the utility and re-launch it, the "Improve drive speed" function asserts the same amount of fragmentation exists as before!  It's as if all those hours of supposed defragmentation accomplished nothing whatsoever.

Mind, when I first installed F-Secure Booster the "Impove drive speed" function worked just fine:  It defragmented the disk and finished its job, showing all green boxes.  That no longer happens.  What's the matter?  Yes, I've reinstalled F-Secure Booster repeatedly but this problem persists.  Any helpful advice from the community will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Cat Frustrated

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MRCAT-08607D7B3
System Manufacturer IBM
System Model 1847W76
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1862 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date IBM 76ET69WW (1.29 ), 12/6/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.33
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS