Occasionally no Internet connection after starting up system

Kenghis
Kenghis Posts: 1 New Member

I installed Freedome on a Windows 7 machine around beginning of December and it seemed to work pretty well after installation. However I very soon started noticing that occasionally when booting up my computer I didn't seem to have any connection to internet (yellow icon over the network icon) and Freedome was forever showing "Connecting...".

Taking out network cable for a moment didn't seem to help nor did closing Freedome or rebooting the system. I did notice that I could get my internet connection back after turning Freedome off and dabbling with my network adapters. I think I disabled Freedome adapter, then tried diagnosing (ie. troubleshooting) my ethernet adapter and it started working again. (Note that diagnosing just by itself didn't work, I had to disable the other adapter.) Then I could turn Freedome back on and it worked too. It was a pain in the ass, but at least it seemed to fix the problem temporarily until it would happen again during some reboot.

Couple of days ago I did a clean install of Windows 10 to the same computer, and it still has the same problem. This time however, I couldn't fix it by playing around with the network adapters. When trying to do the diagnose thing I got an error "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and Windows didn't manage to fix it. I had to actually uninstall Freedome completely and reboot until I got my internet connection back. After that I could install Freedome again and things worked again. But it's not really something I can start doing every time this happens.

This is pretty much making Freedome unusable for me and would really appreciate for any help.

Freedome version is 1.0.2352.0. Motherboard is Asus P8Z77-V LX. Problem happened with both Windows 7 64-bit Pro and Windows 10 64-bit Pro (clean install).

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Kenghis,

Is this issue happening especially after a restart on both your computers? Did this connectivity issue after restart occur after your clean reinstall of Freedome as well?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info