I Purchased a 1 year license for 3 devices and need to move 1 license.

guy76
guy76 Posts: 3 New Member

I Purchased a 1 year license for 3 devices on September 17th 2015. I installed 1 license on my Android Tablet and 2 licenses on my two PC's.

I removed the software from 1 PC and have since sold the PC. I would now like to reactivate that spare license on a new laptop which I purchased with the proceeds from the desktop sale.

I have paid for this software and therefore expect to be able to move the license as I see fit.

Not allowing users to move a license under such circumstances is bordering on fraud, the fact that the license is not transferable is not stated anywhere during the purchasing process.  Please be so kind as to advise how I can reactivate this license on the new laptop.

Thank you.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi guy76,

Yes, there is no option to reset the license at the moment. But we are working on it and expecting it to be there soon.

In your current scenario, have you tried to put the code in your new PC and activate it? If you have not, please try it and let us know the outcome. If you are having any issues during the validation, please provide the error message so that we can assist you further.

• guy76

Hi Laksh,

thanks for getting back to me.

I don't seem to be able to attatch a screenshot image of the error.

The error message states ...

"You have reached the maximum number of installations with this code. Please make a new purchase to extend your Freedome subscription"

I can mail the screenshot to you along with proof of purchase / receipt and Freedome serial if need be. Please let me know.

Please advise I need to get this working urgently.

Thanks in advance.

• [Deleted User]

Hi guy76,

I would recommend to open a support request regarding your license activation issue so that our support team can help you on this. Please do send your license activation error message and your purchase details in your Support Request.

• guy76

Hi Laksh,

thanks for the advice. The issue was resolved within 2 days of opening the support request.

Excellent customer care!

Thank you!

• [Deleted User]

Hi guy76,

Glad to hear about the feedback and also to know your issue has been resolved!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info