Subscription code not accepted (multi-license iPad)

amagni
amagni Posts: 1 New Member

I have bought a 3 devices subscription but when I try to enter the code on my iPad I get a Oops message, that this ID isn't valid for this device. I tried reinstalling etc, but still no success. I do have an active subscription for this specific device. Any idea on how to fix it?

Comments

• inso
    inso Posts: 2 New Member

Same problem here.  I´m trying to re-activate my Iphone Freedome with the code. Desktop Freedome works just fine. I also tried to re-install the app.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi amagni and inso,

May I know if the iPad already have an app store subscription and if the subscription is still valid?

• inso
    inso Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! My IOS Freedome app store subscription is still valid.
  • boriscloud
    boriscloud Posts: 1 New Member

Hello,

I cannot activate my multiplatform subscription on my ipad or iphone. I had an app store subscription which has now expeired. When I go on to subscriptions, I simply do not get the option as described in your FAQ

1. Tap Subscription.
    2. Tap on Did you already buy a multi-platform subscription? (I do not get this option)
    3. In the Activate your account field, type in the subscription code and tap Activate to activate the subscription.

I only get the app store option to purchase a new one, or an option to restore purchases. WHich tells me it is then resotred (even though I havent entered anything). Of course it is then not retored. I have tried deleting and then re-installing app. Same problem.

PLease advise.

• Laksh

Hi boriscloud,

When it says the license is restored, could you please let us know what is the message /expiry date seen in the subscriptions page in Freedome?

Till when was your Freedome app store purchase valid?

• julle1
    julle1 Posts: 5 New Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. I had originally bought the service directly from Apple App Store. I also bought multi device subscription during black friday. My original subscription expired on the 10th of december, and I was told to wait till then to upgrade the lisence to the newly bought multi device subscription. 

But now that I try to do that there is no option to enter the subscription code. Only option on Freedome app is to restore purchaces or to renew it again through App Store. if I remember correctly the option to apply subscription code was there when the App Store lisence was active (before the 10th Dec, but it didn't work then when I tried).

How can I use the subscription I bought during black friday?

This situation is both on iPad and iPhone. I've tried to uninstall and install the application, but that doesn't help.

On the instruction is says "Even though the subscription is cancelled, the auto-renewable subscription remains valid until the end of the original subscription period. Once the subscription expires, Freedome notifies you and you can enter your personal subscription code that you received from the F-Secure eStore provider."

That sounds good and well, but the problem is that the option to enter personal subscription code doesn't exist.

• Laksh

Hi @boriscloud and @julle1,

We are working on this issue reported and will keep you updated.

• Laksh

Hi all,

This has been fixed. Could you please retry and update us on the scenario?

• julle1
    julle1 Posts: 5 New Member

The option to enter multi device subscription is on there now and worked as it should. Thanks for the quick fix.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info