Freedome does not work after last update

JD1964
JD1964 Posts: 15 Observer
Sat 5 dec, i installed Freedome update on my laptop (Win 10). After installing the update, Freedome can not be switched on in active VPN modus. I got the message: a fault has occured.
After de-installing Freedome, installing an older version of Freedome, same fault occures. (VPN can not switched on)
Freedome does recognize my bought key, but does not recognize my actual days left. I even got messages that I have exceed the number of installed Freedome versions.
I have paid for 3 apparatus with Freedome VPN software. One laptop is Freedome not working. The other two laptops (Win 10) i did not install the latest Freedome update, VPN still works. Can you help me?

Comments

• JD1964
    Extra: Windows 10 version on all 3 laptops: update version 2511.
  • JD1964
    Extra: after reinstall Freedome today, the program says it is over due, a new key is needed. Do you've got a new key? (the old payed key does not work anymore)
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi JD1964,

Could you provide me the following details for further checking on this issue?

1. Screenshot of the exact error message seen when you try to use the existing code

2. When did you purchase Freedome?

• JD1964

Dear Laksh,

1. After reinstall Freedome, i can not reproduce the fault message. Freedome shows me now that my key is overdue, i need a new key to activatie Freedome. If you want a screenshot of that, i can provide one.

2. I purchase Freedome 31.08.2015, ref nr. 

XXXXXXXXX

EDIT: REMOVED PII

• JD1964
  • Laksh

Hi JD1964,

Yes, please do provide us a screenshot of the key message you get on your device.

• JD1964

Dear Laksh,

Picture 2 IS the message which i get, entering the code, clicking 'ok'.

My key is not recognized by Freedome, or, is used so many times, that the current key van not be used anymore.

Something different:

We are mailing like 'Once a day' mailing service. Can we speed up, so my Freedome VPN will active asap? I payed 49, 90 euro for workng VPN.

• Laksh

Hi JD1964,

I do understand your concern on this. I will send you a private message for further discussion.

• JD1964

Thx! Laksh! 

😊

• JD1964
  • JD1964
  • JD1964
    Dear Laksh,

Thank you for your pr mail.

Please, don't close the our discussion on the Freedome community.
    Reason: Two of my laptops are still not updated with the latest Freedome update. I want to check what will happen if i do update my laptops to the latest Freedome version.

Ok?
  • JD1964

Dear Laksh'

Laptop 1, Lenovo 15", the laptop where this problem where this toppic is about, I wanted to activate Freedome with the new key i got today. What happened is that the same problem showed up again. (see pic) Freedome VPN does not work, although the new key is accepted by Freedome.IMG_20151209_185149~2.jpg

• JD1964

..Because i had trust in only a new key, I tried to update laptop 2, HP 17" with the latest version of Freedome. That was a big mistake! The update was busy...did not stop updating .. So i did remove it with the Freedome Windows removal tool. I tried to install Freedome again...but it wint install on my laptop. The update circle is turning and turning for ages. Nothing happens.(see pics)

Q: can a get the previous version of Freedome, not the last update?

Q: does Freedome refund? 

Something is wrong with the latest Freedome update vs Win 10 2511IMG_20151209_184619~2.jpg

IMG_20151209_184827~2.jpg 

• JD1964

Laptop 2, HP 17", Freedome programm installed...no indication of correct installation. Key works, VPN does not work. No fault messages...IMG_20151209_223500~2.jpg

• Laksh

Hi JD1964,

Regarding both your laptop issues, I would recommend to open a support request so that it can be addressed and analyzed further by our support team.

• JD1964

As reactionaire on the community mailer,' did i get the answer i need', answer:

Not yet.

Related to this toppic, a factory reset of all three laptops to Win 10, was my quickest solution to get Freedome running again. 

I am waiting for a new 'key' from the support team, to activate my license of my Freedome program.

End

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info