Website sending blackmail

Yesterday I got inside my Samsung Galaxy tab S a virus which forces my browser called "Internet" (cannot find it from apps control) to go to a blackmail site called xxxxxxx.org and does not let me go to the net.

I suppose that the virus has changed the default page of the browser but I cannot find the app "Internet" from my tablets apps control.

I have F-Secure SAFE in my tablet.

EDIT: Removed potentially malicious website and edited title

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi JerryKet,

Have you tried to run a scan using your F-Secure SAFE in your tablet? What does the scan results show?

I have reported this website to our labs and they had a look at it. The website seems to be suspicious and the rating has been updated in our end. Could you please try to run a scan on your tablet and check if you are still seeing the respective website?

• JerryKet
    JerryKet Posts: 5 Observer

Hi,

I ran the virus scan and it said

Infected: 0

Suspicious: 0

Now when I  open the standard browser it still tries to go to the blackmail site but then opens F-Secure Safe Browser and it works.

Yes thanks, this is an amergency solution for many (also my Chrome browser still works) but the original problem still stays there inside the "Internet" browser.

• [Deleted User]

Hi JerryKet,

May I know what is the 'internet browser' you are referring to here? Could you please provide us a screenshot of the browser page so that its easy for checking?

• JerryKet

It seems to be Samsungs own browser now that I managed to open its i-page by holding the icon down. Version no: 3.1.38.76-0_100421_853604

It has on the i-page a link info to com.samsung.help hub. Permission.HELP

I have tried to delete the temporary data of the browser using the i-page but it doesn't help in my problem and there is no function to change the default page of the browser either.

• [Deleted User]

Hi JerryKet,

If you could provide us a screenshot of the web browser which shows the blackmail page (along with the version seen) so that we can have a clear picture of the issue?

• JerryKet
    Hi, I'm traveling at the moment. I will be back at my tablet on Monday Dec 14th.
  • [Deleted User]

Hi JerryKet,

Great to know the blackmail website is not opening anymore for you! Enjoy using SAFE on your tablet.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info