Internet connection failed when Freedome is on

Hummy
Hummy Posts: 3 New Member

I installed Freedome yesterday and it blocks the internet connection. When it is on, I have no internet connection. What shall I do? What is the problem? I called the product support and they said that they don´t know anything about this product???? Feels very helpless. It happens to all locations. In my tablet it works properly but not in the laptop and windows 8. I have avast internet security. 

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Hummy,

Does turning off Avast AV help to connect to the internet when Freedome is turned on? Does turning ON Freedome, shows the correct location and IP address?

What is the error message seen when you try to connect to the internet in your browser/apps?

• Hummy
    Hummy Posts: 3 New Member

The problem changed when I updated Freedome. Now it connects to internet randomly. Other times it gives a notification that "Driver installation error, needs reboot...." and turns down, it means does not work anymore. It is very unstable, you never know if it works or not.  Before updating it went on and seemed to connect to the right location and ip, but in the end there was no internet connection, so it did not work at all. I don´t think that Avast is the problem because in another laptop with Avast Freedome works normally with windows 7.  I have windows 8.1.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Hummy,

We are getting similar reports about the error "Driver installation error" on various OS. In your case as well, it has been happening after the recent Freedome upgrade. Our RND team in troubleshooting this to analyze further. However, in order to gather more information on this, please open a support ticket from here and provide all the details of the issue. 

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info