can't see svt play propgrams from spain

hans_b
hans_b Posts: 4 New Member

the reason i bought freedome was to get rig of the geographical limitations that most programs in svp play have. I was peromised that by usin freedome I could get a VPN that would relocate my ip adress from Madrid to satockholm. I have of course change the location as mantioned but when trying to watch the programs in svt play that are regionally limited I still get the medssage that they can only be watched from Sweden. Why is that? What have I missed or is the product not working in the mentioned way?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Hans_b ,

Could you tell us from which platform you are trying to access SVT play services? 

The SVT play could get your location from location services (GPS + phone networks + wi-fi networks) on mobile device(Android or iOS).

If you are using Windows or Mac, could you try using private browsing. 

• hans_b

thank you Ben for answering.  I use Windows 10 anfdI have tried botgh witf Firefox and Chrome, witn the same negative results

brgds

Hans B

• [Deleted User]

Hello Hans_b,

Do you mean that you tried with both of these web browser(Firefox and Chrome) in private browsing without improvement?

• hans_b

yes I mean that. No difference between chrome and FF.  I have not tried with edge

You can test yourself by typing www.svtplay.se

brgds

Hans Bergqvist

• [Deleted User]

Hi Hans_b 

Could you also try to clear the cache and history of you  web browser? 

• hans_b

Hello,

I have solved the problem, it works fine. The reason it did not work att first was that, for som reason, the Freedome functions were not "ON".

brgds

Hans Bergqvist

• [Deleted User]

Hello Hans_b,

Thank you for keeping us updated and glad it is now resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info