windows uninstaller?

I have a version of fs protection that is reported by appwiz.cpl as 2.48.341.0. I can't get it to upgrade through my proxy server nor can I get it to uninstall. Does anyone have instructions for manual removal from Windows 10 Pro?

thanks,

Gary

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

... be careful on what you tick to select the app you want to grt rid off, if you don't it will uninstall both FS AV and Freedome e.g.

• garyd
    garyd Posts: 7 Explorer

thank you for the link -- that did the trick! Smiley Happy

Just a side note:

You should always first try to use the program uninstaller. You can find it in "Programs and Features" section of Windows. If that does not work, then use the uninstallation tool. Uninstallation tool uses "brute force" methods for removal and may remove parts of other F-Secure products as a result.

(Also we would like our uninstaller to be very good quality and we only get feedback about it if beta users actually use it. Smiley Happy)

(F-Secure R&D)

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

• garyd
    garyd Posts: 7 Explorer

@Ville wrote:

You should always first try to use the program uninstaller. You can find it in "Programs and Features" section of Windows. If that does not work, then use the uninstallation tool.

I tried that several times... Windows 10 has two ways to get to uninstallers; through settings and through the old control panel (appwiz.cpl). Neither of those worked & neither did running the uninstall executable from the program's install directory. That's what drove me to post here asking for instructions on how to uninstall.

This discussion has been closed.