Moved to new Phone and PC and can't move Freedome license!

Overtonm
Overtonm Posts: 9 New Member

Can you please assist as I bought a 5 device license and now have a new phone and PC and get informed that I have exceeded the limit!

All I want to do is release the two licenses that were used on my old phone and PC (Freedome has been removed from both of the old devices).

Hopefully this can be resovled as otherwise I will not be renewing.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Overtonm,

May I know how many devices are currently using your Freedome code at the moment? Please post a screenshot of the exact error message seen during the code validation.

• Overtonm

As I previously stated, I had installed on 5 devices, two of them have now been replaced by new devices (one was temporary replacement phone whilst my main mobile was being repaired, and the other is a laptop I have just replaced with a new one). Freedome has been removed from these old/temporary devices, therefore I should again have 2 licences that I paid for, free to use again. However, I get the message:

"You have reached the maximum number of installations with this code. Please make a new purchase to extend your Freedome subscription"

All I require is for F-Secure to allow me to use the PAID for licenses on these devices I have replaced, not too much to ask for, surely?

• Overtonm
    Is anyone going to actually resolve this for me in a reasonable timeframe, or do I really have to escalate this to get access to the service/software that I paid for?
  • Overtonm

I PMed Laksh  with all my details, including purchase information (on Friday last week), and STILL have no resolution for this.......

So, I will no longer be recommending Freedome to the students and customers I lecture/present to/for and will not be renewing my subscription I will take my business elsewhere as it is clear that customer service is not a priority and that is commercial suicide!

I will also be letting my good friend Mikko Hypponnen (who I've known for over 20 years) that this part of the business is being damaged by what F-Secure laughingly call "customer service".....

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Overtonm,

I saw your private message and have replied to your PM with the information. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience caused on this issue!

• Overtonm

Laksh,

Many thanks for finally sorting this out.

I think R&D need to sort this issue of being able to move licenses from system to system as soon as possible as most of the issues in this forum seem to now be about the same problem that I had.

This might take some of the pressure off you and the other forum admins offering support allowing you to offer faster assitance than you currently can.

• MpQ
    MpQ Posts: 9 New Member

Is this problem a feature or a bug?   I agree with Overton, it needs to be prioritized with R&D, if it's not, I won't renew my subscription to Freedome

@Overtonm wrote:

Laksh,

Many thanks for finally sorting this out.

I think R&D need to sort this issue of being able to move licenses from system to system as soon as possible as most of the issues in this forum seem to now be about the same problem that I had.

This might take some of the pressure off you and the other forum admins offering support allowing you to offer faster assitance than you currently can.

It is reasonable to expect that you should be able to move licenses from system to system.  (or in my case, on the same system that was reset to factory settings).

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info