fshoster32.exe - Bad Image

I keep receiving the message fshoster32.exe - Bad Image together with the following script;

(x86)\f-secure\safe\apps\computersecurity\anti-virus\spapi32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program but this has not resolved the problem.

The last update to F-Secure was over two weeks ago.

I've repeatedly tried to use the chat function over the past two days but that's useless - no agents at work appartently... NOT A GOOD ADVERT FOR F-SECURE WHEN YOU NEED THEM!

I'm operating Windows 10, have F-Secure SAFE, Browsing Protections and Antivirus licence for 10 machines. I would appreciate any advice from the community as F-Secure are obviously not bothered once they have your money.

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    I did a quick Google Search for the error, and it seems to be more of a Windows issue than specifically F-Secure. One extremely long thread here might be worth picking the bones of, as it seems to have reached an end solution - as YOF mentioned, this involves scanning for rootkits:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320728/bad-image-exe-error-popsup-startup/

I also found a suggestion that System Restore may fix the problem if you go back to a time before the error appeared.
  • Drummo
    Drummo Posts: 3 New Member

Hi, managed to sort this now - thank you. I completely uninstalled the product from MYSAFE and ran a registry cleaner program straight after. Rebooted the machine and reinstalled the complete F-Secure packages as a new download. This appears to have worked so far. I really appreciate your responses on this - thanks a lot. Drummo.

• Drummo
    Drummo Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi, managed to sort this now - thank you. I completely uninstalled the product from MYSAFE and ran a registry cleaner program straight after. Rebooted the machine and reinstalled the complete F-Secure packages as a new download. This appears to have worked so far. I really appreciate your responses on this - thanks a lot. Drummo.
  • yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser
    you're welcome
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Drummo @yeoldfart @Simon, Just to keep you guys informed, I have moved this post to the Security board.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info