How to transfer code from one pc to another?

hi,
recently i bought a new computer so obviously i want freedome to be there.. i went to the old pc and deleted the whole application.
when i tried to register the code to the new pc, i shocked when i saw this message "Could not verify your Code. Please try again later."
now it's been 24 hours and i'm still trying to register code into freedome.
eventually i got tired and decided to write thread.
i thought this is how you can transfer codes between devices when you delete them.
sorry, this is my first time to buy something with code
btw, i have Multi-platform for 3 devices
windows 7
i hope there is a solution about this

thx

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi AOSL,

Have you used your 3 license code for 2 other devices as well apart from your old computer? Was your code used to install it on 3 devices already?

• AOSL
    AOSL Posts: 2
    Hi,

Yes i've used all 3 license code as follow

1- for my iphone

2- my laptop

3- old pc which i want to use it on my new one
  • PKP
    PKP Posts: 1 New Member

Hi. I would like to get clarification on the principal question. Is transferral from one device to another possible?

Would be ashame to have to buy new subscriptions for the sole reason of upgrading hardware.

Thanks and thanks for a good product!

• [Deleted User]

Hi PKP,

Every reinstallation is counted against the subscription. At the moment, it is not possible to transfer the code from one device to another. Our R&D team is working to bring a solution for this case.

• poivo
    poivo Posts: 1

Hi,

I have same problem. About 2 moths ago I bought Freedom VPN to mu work laptop which

I had to clean up and return to my eployer. Now I would like to install this old licence to my

private laptop.

How to do it?

Pauli

• [Deleted User]

Hi Pauli,

Could you try to install Freedome on your private computer using your code and let us know if the code is validated?

• alaimar
    alaimar Posts: 1 New Member

Hi

I have a newbie question.

I want to buy the "3 devices multi-platform license for Freedome" for my phone, tablet and laptop now.

But when I change two (phone and laptop) in the next couple of months can I disactivate the license and move to the two new devices? 

Does the license is valid once only or I can move it to new devices provided I dont have more than 3 activated?

Cheers

Alberto

• [Deleted User]

Hi Alberto,

Welcome to our Community!

As mentioned above, every Freedome reinstallation on a device is counted against the subscription. At the moment, it is not possible to transfer the code from one device to another. Our R&D team is working to bring a solution for this case.

In your case, if you still have to change your device (within a few months) of using Freedome, you can post your issue here and we will assist further.

• grb
    grb Posts: 2 New Member

I am having this same problem- have 5 device subscription, got rid of one device (iPhone) and removed all apps (including Freedome), then got new iPhone installed Freedome and it wouldn't accept my subscription code. And now one of the other devices just stopped accepting my subscription code, then I tried to reinstall Freedome on that device and it is still not accepting the code. (And nowhere does the app ask me to transfer codes so I don't know how to do this if this is part of the solution.) So now I can only use Freedome on 3 of the 5 devices I am paying for. Would appreciate support on this and a clear explanation why my subscription is for 5 "devices" yet what I am reading on this discussion thread is that the licences are simply for "installations"...

• [Deleted User]

Hi grb,

May I know what is the OS of your 5 devices? We do have the license transfer option with Freedome but this feature is only available for the Windows, Mac and Android versions. The feature will be available for iOS later on.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info